Ghost of Tsushima Thread - Reviews: (83 Meta / 111 Reviews) (85 Open/ 141 Reviews)

Started by Xevross, Jul 08, 2020, 07:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

I'm kind of conflicted on this game but in a good way. It feels very good and it is such a really good game but when I'm playing it it just doesn't quite feel GOTY contender level, even though when I think in my head I can't really find enough flaws to score it less than 9/10 it feels like it just doesn't quite earn it. I gave Jedi Fallen Order a 9/10 and I can't really reason why this game isn't as good but it just doesn't really quiote feel it.

idk maybe I just need to experience more of the main story and more of the world, I'm barely 1/3 through.

Legend

DerNebel

It's a budget game. Kinda giving me nier automata vibes.
Pretty sure it just feels like that because we got TLOU2 so recently, which is like the most meticulously detailed game of the gen aside from RDR2.

Makes the rough edges so much more apparent here.

Game's dope btw. The world is gorgeous.

Legend

Pretty sure it just feels like that because we got TLOU2 so recently, which is like the most meticulously detailed game of the gen aside from RDR2.

Makes the rough edges so much more apparent here.

Game's dope btw. The world is gorgeous.
TLOU2 is a large part of that but it's not on the level of Assassin's Creed either. Game uses a lot of tricks to make up for it which work most of the time so I don't mind.

Xevross

Xevross

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Hahaha another thread for people to not understand tech and just talk about games they like and dislike.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/noticed-that-you-kinda-slide-clip-up-and-down-stairs-in-tsushima-is-this-still-a-common-thing-in-games.252399/

It's interesting the devs didn't catch this though. Normally it's the opposite where feet float in the air because that is much harder to notice.

Xevross

It seems this is another game where general opinion is vastly better than critical opinion, even though 83 meta is still really good. Lots of people calling this their GOTY, or GOTY material at least. I'm getting towards the end of act 2 now and if the game stays at this level I think it beats FF7 Remake into #2 for the year so far for me.

Xevross

The story is a lot better than I was expecting. I just started act 3, end of act 2 was rather nuts.

Dr. Pezus

It seems this is another game where general opinion is vastly better than critical opinion, even though 83 meta is still really good. Lots of people calling this their GOTY, or GOTY material at least. I'm getting towards the end of act 2 now and if the game stays at this level I think it beats FF7 Remake into #2 for the year so far for me.
Why do you think that is? Gameplay that good?

Xevross

Why do you think that is? Gameplay that good?
Well the gameplay is excellent. I think critics were harsh because its yet another open world game that doesn't really do anything new. However pretty much everything in the game is designed really well and helps flesh out the world. Side quests in particular are much stronger than expected, they're basically the best that any dev has managed outside of possibly TW3. The world is vast yet not overwhelming and it feels fun and meaningful to explore.

kitler53

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

And there's the credits. I think act 3 was the weakest act unfortunately but the game stuck the landing. Excellent work from Sucker Punch, can't wait to see more.

Shouldn't take me too long to get the plat now.

Go Up