PlayStation Community Thread

Viewing single post

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

Thing is, The Order isn't trying to be much more.  Ready at Dawn is just trying to make a solid title that I'm sure the guys have been wanting to make for a while.  They're not trying to do anything new.  My problem with Quantum Break is more or less internet fans.  Remedy, is as you said, over rated.  It's just that MS fans will shame on The Order for trying to be a very well made title, then get a hard on for Quantum Break saying it's doing "This and that" while not doing anything new, nor anything that Remedy themselves hasn't done before.  Plus the overall "gaming journalism" elitist problem.  Like others have mentioned, there's very little actual QTEs in the game. Whatever is there is nothing more than guides.  If you're going to shame on The Order, go back into your Arkham reviews and shame on them for having them.

I agree that Xbox fans have over-inflated the significance of Quantum Break and praise it for things it really doesn't deserve praise for. Remedy is an overrated development team. They're really good but they don't deserve the near god-tier treatment they've been getting from that fanbase. There is definitely a difference there between who says what about Quantum Break and The Order. My problem with people who hype The Order the way some of them do is that it's bordering on a near mindless praise of Ready at Dawn. Now they proved to be a studio capable of taking someone else's work and making great games with it but they've never made their own. It's also their first time making a console game from scratch. I've heard people rip into other games for not having multiplayer but then give The Order a pass. It's not on the level of Quantum Break but it's still irritating to read or listen to.