3D Modeling Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 20, 2019, 01:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

So I've literally just started learning how to model 3D objects using blender.  

Day 2 of tutorials.  So I can't make anything, but I'm hoping that making a thread will keep me motivated.  

Already having slight difficulties.  Tutorial has a cube that has the scales and dimensions set up so that it is a diamond that isn't a rhombus from above.  

And yet, whenever I change scales or dimensions, they change the other automatically.  So I'm probably missing a step....

Legend

So I've literally just started learning how to model 3D objects using blender.  

Day 2 of tutorials.  So I can't make anything, but I'm hoping that making a thread will keep me motivated.  

Already having slight difficulties.  Tutorial has a cube that has the scales and dimensions set up so that it is a diamond that isn't a rhombus from above.  

And yet, whenever I change scales or dimensions, they change the other automatically.  So I'm probably missing a step....
Are you scaling in edit mode? That allows the dimensions to change without changing the listed scale.

the-pi-guy

Are you scaling in edit mode? That allows the dimensions to change without changing the listed scale.
Figured out what I was missing.  
I had to apply a certain transformation first with CTRL + A

Mmm_fish_tacos

Here is a WIP im working now in zbrush. When I get home ill load more if you want. BTW you're a student so you can get maya for free. Actually anyone can. Just say your a student and pick a school. Easy.

Meet Google Drive - One place for all your files

Very WIP. It should look a lot nicer soonish.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sorry, link should work now.

Legend

Sorry, link should work now.
I just assumed you wanted to restrict access to only cool people  8)

Looking good. Modeling thick hair like that must be interesting.

the-pi-guy

Here is a WIP im working now in zbrush. When I get home ill load more if you want. BTW you're a student so you can get maya for free. Actually anyone can. Just say your a student and pick a school. Easy.

Meet Google Drive - One place for all your files

Very WIP. It should look a lot nicer soonish.
That looks insane.  :o

Mmm_fish_tacos

I just assumed you wanted to restrict access to only cool people  8)

Looking good. Modeling thick hair like that must be interesting.
Most of the hair is just a place holder. Having something there to react to. That said most of it is just a long rectangle that I shaped around the head.
That looks insane.  :o
Thanks, but I feel I still have a long way to go.

Mmm_fish_tacos

How's Blender coming along?

the-pi-guy

How's Blender coming along?
Made some stairs.

the-pi-guy

Made some stairs.
Ugh.  
I can't believe this was 3 weeks ago now.  

And here I thought I sucked for going 2 weeks without touching Blender.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

Is there away to upload photos directly from my phone?

Legend

Is there away to upload photos directly from my phone?
You can attach them if they are small enough but I just use imgur for that.

the-pi-guy

So my Japanese new years resolution has been going well, so I'm going to add modelling to my new year's resolution.  Starting from February 1st, every day I'm going to spend at least ~15 minutes on tutorials.  

"Gamifying" it a little bit by keeping track of which days I did something.  

the-pi-guy

Looks like the image shows up.

This was really painful.  The guy makes it look easy to make.