General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yes. And she plays video games (quite a lot actually). AND she watches the world cup (soccer/football).

Yes. And she plays video games (quite a lot actually). AND she watches the world cup (soccer/football).

Sounds like a winner.  There  was once I time I would have said no.  But I think now that I've grown older I've realized that way of thinking was flawed.  If you like her,  have things in common and get along well,  then go for it.

Dr. Pezus

Sounds like a winner.  There  was once I time I would have said no.  But I think now that I've grown older I've realized that way of thinking was flawed.  If you like her,  have things in common and get along well,  then go for it.

Yeah I've had second thoughts but we have so many things in common and she looks very good too. She even lives on her own so she is not like a child or anything

Mmm_fish_tacos

In the grand scheme of things 5 years is nothing.

Xevross

18 and 23?! Are you my sister's boyfriend by any chance, lol.

7H3

In the grand scheme of things 5 years is nothing.

while that is completely true there is a big difference between an 18yr old female, and a 23 yr old male... compared to say a 25yr old and a 30yr old...
they say females mature faster... but that's not exactly true female maturity is more like a sine wave it goes up and down 18 ~ 22 is on the decline in that regard. On the hand you may get lucky and be able to train her, but on the other hand it just may be better not to get too attached until she starts leveling out emotionally again.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Xevross

while that is completely true there is a big difference between an 18yr old female, and a 23 yr old male... compared to say a 25yr old and a 30yr old...
they say females mature faster... but that's not exactly true female maturity is more like a sine wave it goes up and down 18 ~ 22 is on the decline in that regard. On the hand you may get lucky and be able to train her, but on the other hand it just may be better not to get too attached until she starts leveling out emotionally again.

Just pointing out that you sound pretty sexist here.

Dr. Pezus

18 and 23?! Are you my sister's boyfriend by any chance, lol.

Lol

Actually my sister was 17 going for 18 when she got a 23 year old boyfriend. They are now married and have two kids :P

Dr. Pezus

Women are as different as they are many. Thing is that I don't look at myself as particularly mature either. I'm still a teenager at heart xD

7H3

Women are as different as they are many. Thing is that I don't look at myself as particularly mature either. I'm still a teenager at heart xD

it's hard to explain... males tend to gradually mature, and hold more things as standards that become more defined over time. (those standards can change as well over time) However, females at about 18 ~ 22 start to question their own standards and are more likely to act out differently than one would normally expect based on that females normal actions and attitudes. This also happens again around 27~30 for females. Men have midlife crisis that may be more extreme in some cases, but this happens to females as well basically at those points in time and possibly later as well...
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

BananaKing

Guys, I need your opinion.  23 yo with an 18 yo. What do you think? Not that it's going to change anything but it would be nice to hear your opinion

i dont see anything wrong with that. at all. a 5 year age difference isnt anything big, even if it were, so what? what matters is if you like each other. and screw what other people think.

rekcuff

I live the perfect life every night. . . Then I wake up.

the-pi-guy

Helping my mom with Chemistry homework. 

ethomaz

Jul 06, 2014, 06:52 PM Last Edit: Jul 07, 2014, 03:40 PM by Legend

Guys, I need your opinion.  23 yo with an 18 yo. What do you think? Not that it's going to change anything but it would be nice to hear your opinion

Me and my girlfriend have 10 years difference... it is working fine and she looks way mature for his age (21).

Dr. Pezus

Me and my girlfriend have 10 years difference... it is working fine and she looks way madure for his age (21).

Well that is nice to hear :-D

Go Up