General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Anyone know any retail stores where you can buy computer parts?

ethomaz

Well... you want physical retail? If online I use this NewEgg.com... it is really one of the best in US.

the-pi-guy

Well... you want physical retail? I use this one NewEgg.com... it is really one of the best in US.

I was hoping for a store I could walk into. 
I know about newegg.  Them and tigerdirect are usually great. 

Legend

Micro Center.

the-pi-guy

Micro Center.

Thanks. 
Unfortunately though, that doesn't help me.  There are none in my state.  :(

Riderz1337

dang a user we all love just got perma banned on VGC...how unfortunate.

Also Pi...Best Buy? Future Shop?? Not sure if they have those stores where you live.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Xevross

Jun 14, 2014, 08:03 PM Last Edit: Jun 14, 2014, 08:06 PM by Xevross

Also Pi...Best Buy? Future Shop?? Not sure if they have those stores where you live.

Who?....nvm found out

the-pi-guy

Best Buy doesn't seem to have all the stuff I want, and Future shop is too far away. 

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

I guess I should just stick to newegg.  :(

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

Went to Malmö today, took only about 30 minutes by train. Went to a big mall there and had a burger, bought one t-shirt for my nephew and tried Mario Kart 8 (dem jaggies; placed first). The ride home took me 4 hours though...The fudgy train just didn't go farther than to the end of Malmö (did I mention that the train was absolutely PACKED with people? I could not move at all). So, when the train stopped we had to move to buses to get further. No problem, right? Wrong...If it hadn't been for the lots of other people going the same way as me I probably would never have made my way back lol.

First we had to take one bus to another place in Malmö, where we had to walk some distance to take another bus that went to Lund. But the bus didn't stop in the center of Lund, oh no, it stopped some distance from it so I had to find my way there and walk to take a train home (nearby town called Kävlinge). BUT, there were zero fudgy trains leaving Lund which meant my ONLY option was to wait a fudgy hour and a half for a bus that would go to Kävlinge to arrive. Then the bus took fudgy ages to get to Kävlinge because it had lots of places to stop at (a train ride from Lund to Kävlinge normally takes 9 minutes, the bus took like 30 minutes).

tl;dr: 4 hours of my life I'll never get back only because I wanted to go to a mall. At least I got to try Mario Kart 8...

Xevross

Went to Malmö today, took only about 30 minutes by train. Went to a big mall there and had a burger, bought one t-shirt for my nephew and tried Mario Kart 8 (dem jaggies; placed first). The ride home took me 4 hours though...The fudgy train just didn't go farther than to the end of Malmö (did I mention that the train was absolutely PACKED with people? I could not move at all). So, when the train stopped we had to move to buses to get further. No problem, right? Wrong...If it hadn't been for the lots of other people going the same way as me I probably would never have made my way back lol.

First we had to take one bus to another place in Malmö, where we had to walk some distance to take another bus that went to Lund. But the bus didn't stop in the center of Lund, oh no, it stopped some distance from it so I had to find my way there and walk to take a train home (nearby town called Kävlinge). BUT, there were zero fudgy trains leaving Lund which meant my ONLY option was to wait a fudgy hour and a half for a bus that would go to Kävlinge to arrive. Then the bus took fudgy ages to get to Kävlinge because it had lots of places to stop at (a train ride from Lund to Kävlinge normally takes 9 minutes, the bus took like 30 minutes).

tl;dr: 4 hours of my life I'll never get back only because I wanted to go to a mall. At least I got to try Mario Kart 8...

dang that sucks. Sounds much shitter than our public transport system :(

Dr. Pezus

dang that sucks. Sounds much shitter than our public transport system :(

Oooh I forgot to say there's a strike going on + they had some repairs going on I think.

Xevross

Oooh I forgot to say there's a strike going on + they had some repairs going on I think.

Lol that makes sense. I expect better from the Swedes :)

Go Up