Xbox launch games

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 15, 2020, 01:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-series-x-s-optimized-launch-line-up-revealed.306811/

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
Bright Memory 1.0
Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
Enlisted
Evergate
The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
Fortnite
Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
Maneater (Smart Delivery)
Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
NBA 2K21
Observer: System Redux
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)

Xevross

That's a pretty poor launch lineup, mostly older games.

kitler53

that's kind of a sorry list.  there is  a distinct lack of halo MCC which according to alana peirce is not BC compatible...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

30 games and several of them are pretty old.

Xevross

that's kind of a sorry list.  there is  a distinct lack of halo MCC which according to alana peirce is not BC compatible...
Yeah I take back what I said, just had a proper look rather than a quick scan and this is dire, easily the worst launch lineup I've ever seen.

kitler53

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/75681/gears-5-looks-no-different-on-xbox-series-over-the-one/index.html

I think he's wrong but at the same time i think he's right..

Gears 5 was meant to be a hugely improved release on the Xbox Series X, but thanks to some new screenshots from the Xbox Series X version of the game, it seems not.

There were 4 photos shared on Twitter here, so I grabbed them and have some side-by-side comparisons (compared to the Xbox One X on top, and Xbox Series X on bottom). It makes it easier to look at Gears 5 in a side-by-side comparison between the two flagship Xbox consoles. Check them out below.

This is what we were told to expect from the Xbox Series X version of Gears 5:

Higher resolution textures
 - Improved anisotropic filtering
 - Higher-resolution volume fog
 - Higher quality depth of field
 - Extremely far draw distances with high level of object detail
 - Shadow resolution and shadow distance
 - High-quality screen-space reflections
 - Post processing improvements like bloom, lens flare, light shafts, etc

And now, side-by-side screenshots of Gears 5 on the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X:

BananaKing

The fact that they had to include old xb1 games in the launch is beyond sad. Horrible launch lineup.

nnodley

Definitely not a good look to make me keep my preorder.  But i still need to play tons of xb1 games so i can still play them with my gamepass and then just get rid of my xb1

Legend

I didn't own an xbox one so this launch lineup is not why I'm buying the system, but it's still so bad lol.

the-pi-guy

I think MS will take a year or maybe even two before they start really having must have exclusives.

kitler53

I think MS will take a year or maybe even two before they start really having must have exclusives.
i got the feel that forza and hellblade are the furthest along and they both look like holiday 2021 at the earliest.   i mean, halo is now in "spring" but that thing looks sooo rough that i have to wonder if the roughly 4 month delay is really enough to fix that game.   i wouldn't at all be surprised if it slip until fall/holiday 2021 either.

it really could be a horrible first year for xbox compared to ps5 in terms of first year sales.   not just because ps5 has more games but also because sony seems committed to have a stupidly high amount of stock.  xbox could be 10 million behind in the first year...

DerNebel

No EA Sports titles?

Xevross

No EA Sports titles?
Yeah EA never confirmed that their titles would make launch and now it seems we know why, because they're not. Seems really weird to me.

DerNebel

Yeah EA never confirmed that their titles would make launch and now it seems we know why, because they're not. Seems really weird to me.
As a whole EA seems strangely absent from next gen hardware this holiday season, which seems strange as you would expect them to try and take advantage of the next gen thirst especially.

kitler53

As a whole EA seems strangely absent from next gen hardware this holiday season, which seems strange as you would expect them to try and take advantage of the next gen thirst especially.
wasn't the rumor that ME trilogy was their big game and it got delayed?