Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Dec 18, 2018, 11:14 AM Last Edit: Dec 18, 2018, 02:01 PM by Xevross
I mean I don't really look at switch as the same gen as ps4. That was WiiU. But that's semantics really.

Smash still has like half the month to sell but if that includes digital it might need another 800k+ or so physical to beat the record.
Yes, well. Lets forget the WiiU was a thing, I think is what Nintendo are saying.

Well they said over 3 million as a very loose term, and 11 days is up to the end of yesterday, which surely they can't have reliable data for. This would suggest to me that it could be decently over 3m already. Anyway, this week is a huge shopping week and then its got the post-christmas sales. I think the new record is looking very likely.

Edit: there's still 19 days left in total for Smash as it has a total of 30 days tracked in December NPD. I think the new NPD record is pretty much locked. And Halo 3's record 3.3M was in 12 tracking days, so Smash has pretty much matched that with 3M+ in 11 days, the other 19 days are to see how high the record can go.

Xevross

The end of November is probably when Switch is most comparable with PS4 and XB1 launch aligned, because they've both all had 4 big months at that point.

At the same time 12 months ago, Switch was 300k ahead of XB1 but 400k behind PS4. Now its 1.1M ahead of XB1 and 300k ahead of PS4. 700k better than PS4 in the last 12 months launch aligned is pretty great, that's going to increase massively with December as well.

Xevross

Well, there it is.

Cute Pikachu

Benji said that the game is pushing massive amounts of hardware and isn't even close to slowing down. I'm gonna be impressed if it can get to 4 million without digital. This game is huge.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

Benji said that the game is pushing massive amounts of hardware and isn't even close to slowing down. I'm gonna be impressed if it can get to 4 million without digital. This game is huge.
"Not slowing down" isn't very helpful information, but it sounds impressive at least. You'd expect it to be selling constantly right now in the run up to criticism anyway.

Xevross

Chris says smash also not slowing down in Japan. So I guess it's headed for another 400k+ week...

That would be 2M physical in just three weeks. If legs are similar in the US then we're looking at a close to 5M launch month if it's above 3m already.

Kerotan

Switch is gen 9 and that is faster then home consoles in Europe but it's not the fastest handheld.

Ps4 owns this gen and ps5 will be coming for the switches throne in 2 years.

Xevross

Chris also added that everything is rising this week in Japan except last week's new releases (God Eater 3 and Judgement). Holiday season confirmed!

Would be awesome if Switch HW could hit higher than its launch week for a new PB! And PS4 being nicely up on last year would be great too, anything to help negate the drop in the US is good.

ethomaz

Nintendo can only call fastest selling in US this gen near the end of the year because after March until ends of year PS4 will be the fastest selling in US.

Xevross

Nintendo can only call fastest selling in US this gen near the end of the year because after March until ends of year PS4 will be the fastest selling in US.
Well Switch has a shot at staying ahead, needs 3.7M in the next 5 months.

DerNebel

Btw. Chris =/= Benji in that he doesn't remotely seem to have access to as much information as he sometimes acts like he has. He seems to "know" some japanese retail sources or knows some places where those people share their insights but that appears to be about it.

Also he's a giant bag but that's besides the point.

the-pi-guy

Benji made it clear in one of the threads that he wasn't Ben from VGC.
Was funny.  

Dr. Pezus

Benji made it clear in one of the threads that he wasn't Ben from VGC.
Was funny.  
Oh really? Who was asking? I almost got banned for that a while ago

the-pi-guy

Oh really? Who was asking? I almost got banned for that a while ago
It was from a private message.
November 2018 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, December 11th | ResetEra

I could see a scenario in which Smash doesn't have the biggest 1st NPD month for an exclusive but will still be the biggest exclusive launch since NPD doesn't track digital sales on Nintendo platforms.  
Please remind me never to read the dungvoid that is VgChartz forums

Holy lol
One a little lower
Someone told me they are currently having a debate about how inconsistent I am even though I'm pretty much always on the money. At least as often as you can be on these sort of things.

They also apprently think I'm someone who works at GameStop which I'll be blunt and say I don't

DerNebel

Someone from Resetera calling the Vgchartz forum a dungvoid is a funny case of the pot calling the kettle black. Both forums are overrun by morons, fanboys, trolls and geniunely garbage threads.

Go Up