VizionEck AI progress #2

Started by Legend, Oct 18, 2017, 12:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

The game AI for VizionEck Cube Royale is just starting to come together. The general structure is:

• determine offense action for this frame, or nothing
  • determine defense action for this frame, or nothing
  • determine desired movement traits
  • calculate method to reach movement goal

The first two are very large and complex but mostly straightforward. All possible actions are looped through. If they can't be performed this frame, they get a score of 0. Otherwise a score is calculated by taking the benefits of that action and subtracting the negatives. The action with the highest score is performed.

Movement is a lot harder because multiple actions need to be done each frame. Also I'll need to incorporate a pathfinding algorithm. Not really sure how to handle it yet.

the-pi-guy

At least path finding is easy.

Legend

At least path finding is easy.
Well kinda.

It's complex because the maps are very vertical and require a lot of platforming. I also need to factor in velocity since the cube can't follow paths 1 to 1.

the-pi-guy

Just reading some of your old AI posts.  Don't recall you saying anything about completing pathfinding, just wondering if you've read this:
algorithm - Pathfinding, A-star and velocity inertia - Stack Overflow

Legend

Just reading some of your old AI posts.  Don't recall you saying anything about completing pathfinding, just wondering if you've read this:
algorithm - Pathfinding, A-star and velocity inertia - Stack Overflow
My maps have large open spaces so I've been mostly ignoring pathfinding until the rest is sorted out. I'll keep this link in mind when I get to it!