The Gaming Community Thread! Multiplats and the like are welcome.

Started by Legend, Apr 23, 2015, 01:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dr. Pezus

Assassin's creed origins is fantastic. I'm absolutely loving it.

If this was a Sony, Microsoft, nintendo or bathesda game it would have scored much higher
ACIV is dang good too. Probably will get origins sometime in the not too distant future

BananaKing

ACIV is dang good too. Probably will get origins sometime in the not too distant future
The naval combat is ac4 is amazing. Shame I lost my save twice and never bothered to continue with it.

This gen ubisoft are on fire. Can't wait to see some more skull and bones at E3

Ludicrous Speed

Ubisoft has been amazing this gen. Far Cry 5 is fantastic. I was thinking it might be the first open world game I actually finish this gen, but then I remembered I finished The Division, another Ubi title.

But they iced up Tetris this gen too, so fudge em.

Xevross

Assassin's creed origins is fantastic. I'm absolutely loving it.

If this was a Sony, Microsoft, nintendo or bathesda game it would have scored much higher
Yeah I think its a really great game. The quality of the story goes rapidly downhill later in the game imo, which spoils it a lot. Origins still falls a bit below Black Flag for me.

I can kinda see where reviewers are coming from, but low 80s is definitely too low imo. Deserves high 80s for sure.

Legend

It has too many things like the FF horse to be in the 90s  :P

Dr. Pezus

Legend

That's a deep way to just announce a short delay.

Legend

The Nature of Causality: What Should Switch Owners Do in Regards to Delayed Multiplatform Games? | ResetEra

So, within this entire fiasco of third parties on the Switch, we have seen various practices from many publishers that have quite frankly been terrible. We have had Capcom used an Overpriced XBL port that sold for $50 to test whether the entire company will develop games. Only for them to chuck at us some RER and a quick and dirty Megaman legacy collection port so far.  We have had Bandai Namco hold Dragon Ball Fighter Z hostage, saying they would only port it to the Switch if the one year late Xenoverse 2 did well(it did, and we still haven't heard anything about it).  However, out of all of the practices that come, one trend is starting to emerge. Late ports Now, of course. Late ports will always be a thing, as there is so much back catalogue that would be perfect.tm for the Switch. Also, considering last year was when development kits went out for most developers, it's to be expected. Game that were in development before the Switch came out, they needed a little bit more extra time to optimize.  But when will this be no longer an excuse? And what should Switch owners do? More and more, we have seen companies use late Switch ports to "breath life" into older games. It gets new marketing rounds, garnering more protection. Plus, many Switch owners who own other consoles are increasingly willing to "double dip" for portabilities sake.  At what point are these issues going from truly developers giving it their all to make something to release on time, to something more sinister? Not giving enough resources to companies porting games on Switch, not articulating proper time schedules to make the Switch come day and date with the other games. It's absolutely on the forefront and it is the publishers fault. With the last minute delay of Dark Souls, this really is due to the incompetence of Bandai Namco of some level. Or at the very least, a severe lack of communication, especially when we have seen Dark Souls running great just a week ago. What should Switch owners do though? Should we make it clear that late ports on Switch(especially when provided the same release date initially) are not good. That they are anti-consumer and that we should just play on other consoles? Well, that is all fine and dandy, however, that is exactly what happened with the Wii U Era. People hated these late ports, that were full price while the games on other consoles were already on sale. So they didn't buy it because they expected more from it. Except, instead of third parties becoming better, they just simply got up and left. Leaving no games at all. On the other hand, people buying late Switch ports, or even half baked ports, will get us a lot of games we love. However, it is so much easier to publishers to "push off" the Switch version, or have the lack of effort to get it in an adequate time table. If this is the case, as late ports start and keep selling, it is not going to stop. It's going to be "industry standard" to have late Switch ports coming, in order to make an extra buck and allow for double dipping. I am completely not sure how I feel about this at all, and again I'm not sure what I should do. I completely don't play my PS4 anymore, i just don't have the time. But supporting these business decisions and lack of foresight, especially in expense of the Switch and only the Switch, have been happening over and over again. Should Switch owners expect better from third parties, and only give their money to publishers who put effort in the platform, or should they support stuff like this? Would PS4 owners be happy if they delayed Dark Souls Remastered, but only for the PS4?  
Seems this delay is bigger news for Nintendo fans than I realised.

Xevross

This is why you only use your Nintendo consoles for nintendo games and some smaller indies :D

the-pi-guy

This is why you only use your Nintendo consoles for nintendo games and some smaller indies :D
They're well worth it for that.
I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I don't have a Switch.
One day though.

Xevross

They're well worth it for that.
I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I don't have a Switch.
One day though.
Oh definitely. Nintendo make a few must play games every gen, and lots more games almost that good!

Xevross

I'm watching a streamer play What Remains of Edith Finch. Wow, what a game this is  :o

Legend

I'm watching a streamer play What Remains of Edith Finch. Wow, what a game this is  :o
Why didn't you play it?

nnodley

It's great! Play it!

Dr. Pezus

What kind of game is it again? Adventure game?

Go Up