Why did no one warn me that Anthem is this... good?

Started by Legend, Jan 21, 2020, 09:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

I'm actually liking it a fair bit. Good gameplay, amazing world, and a serviceable plot for these types of games.

Still really early in the game but it sure feels like a solid improvement over Destiny. My only mark against it is that online games suck and my connection has dropped a few times.

nnodley

well yeah gameplay is pretty awesome.  Story and missions just get repetitive overtime.  It has a lot of potential.

Xevross

Because it isn't. Its extremely content lacking with the main story being extremely short and there being basically no side content, no PvP. The loot system is garbage, the mission design is boring, rigid and repetitive. I'd argue world design could be better, it doesn't utilise verticality anywhere near enough.

Gameplay is the only redeeming part of it and even then I don't think the gunplay is anything to write home about.

Destiny was way better.

the-pi-guy

Legend

Kotaku reported a full remake was in the works. Wonder if this is that.

kitler53

does anthem have enough players to make this worth it?  seems like they should just abandon it and focus on "anthem 2" if anything.  fixing a broken game won't bring players back.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

does anthem have enough players to make this worth it?  seems like they should just abandon it and focus on "anthem 2" if anything.  fixing a broken game won't bring players back.
Who knows. Might make more money off microtransactions as a "free ish" game.