Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Oh and update on the Jrok encoder, it came in with my CPS2 Supergun I had made.  I plugged everything in and... green lines! This is my CPS3 BTW.  I don't get this with my GBS encoder.  Ordered a sync cleaner.  Cync cleaner comes in, and it worked!  Which means capacitors on my CPS3 board are going!  Yay there goes 700 dollars in a few years!

Nope. I'm here till its done.
Sorry I mean't re-sign*

Mmm_fish_tacos

I made the featured list on myminifactory.com !

mmf.io/o/75244

darkknightkryta

Did you get your arcade stick stuff done?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Did you get your arcade stick stuff done?
Nope... lol.

darkknightkryta

Well I started playing with my Raspberry Pi.

the-pi-guy

darkknightkryta

I got it working and I got it connected to my school's wifi (I was having issues with connecting, had to change a file).  I also got hello world working in C.  I'm going to try programming the pins later.  I want to try to use it to interface any controller to an arcade machine.

kitler53

my latest project.  took my all last summer to remove the top 16 inches of ground to remove the dense clay and replace it with topsoil.  took me 2 and a half days this spring to build the raise bed garden with removable rabbit fence.  my wife dang well better plant a garden this year...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I kind of want to build an entertainment center....

Have it so that it has some good baby proofing features to boot.  

darkknightkryta

I kind of want to build an entertainment center....

Have it so that it has some good baby proofing features to boot.  
I did that years ago.  Still use it.

So I started making my own RGB to YPbPr converter.  Holy shame I should have chose different chips.  They were so tiny.  I tried tracing some of them and I'm not confident that they're not bridged.  The smallest one I needed to solder, I did today, but it's pretty off.  It's not bridged, but they're connected to the embedded wires instead of the pad.  I checked each pins to see if they're bridged, they're not, but when I was looking at the capacitors, they're all connected, but that should be right now that I'm thinking about it.  And dang that chip was tiny.  The second tiny chips, I have one of them slightly off, so pins are slightly connected to each other.  There's 7 million ohms between them, so hopefully my physics is right and electrons will take the path of least resistance.  I have the chips in, it's time to get the potentiometer in.  I'm going to do the resistors next, then the capacitors.  Those will be easier, since surface mount resistors and capacitors aren't that bad to solder.  I'm also not grounded, so I might have killed the chips with static electricity.  Testing this thing is going to be "fun".

Me and my dad started on my cab.  I picked up a Sega Astro City cab.  The control panel was cracked.  We fixed it with a fiberglass body fix.  We're still not sure if we should brace the control panel with a brace or let the fiberglass try.  I put some bondo on the outside and sanded it down.  The T.V. and speaker is going to be a pain.  I acquired a 27inch Wega.  I'm happy in not RGB modding it.  I'm going to get my consoles hooked up to it which gives me time for me to figure out my video converter that I'm working on above.  I have to find a way to get the front T.V. control panel out.  Or find a way to extend the IR sensor and buy a remote.  I'm also scared no nuggets.  It's been unplugged for a year, but still, the capacitors tend to charge themselves from the air.  I also need to buy an amp to connect to the speakers.  We will probably start painting the thing in the next few days.

I bought a GPIO extender chip for my raspberry Pi.  I had a feeling that arcade boards send out 5V from the buttons, but I didn't get that confirmed until recently.  My idea of using shift registers won't work since I can't send 3.3V up to the board from the Pi to register a no command.  I'm going to try  switching pins from read to ground (Write 0) to register a button press.  I can't send 5V to the Pi's pins, but the chip I'm using can handle 5V when it's powered by a 5V power supply so that would save me from figuring out the resistors I would need.  If that doesn't work period, then I have to do a register to transistor array.  Which will be annoying since the most I could find for a transistor array is 7 transistors.  I need 32, so that's 5 chips.  Plus the shift registers.  I'm looking at a big package for a 64 bit register plus the 5 transistor array chips.  Annoying.

darkknightkryta

Update to my projects:

Video Converter:
I put together another one that would hopefully work on consoles (Need to make an adapter somehow).  It didn't work, no green.  I then ordered the converter in parts to put it together.  I didn't put the converter part together yet, but I had an older one laying around, one that I used to test my circuit and it worked.  So I tested the pieces together and it worked.  I have no idea what was wrong with the previous prototype.  Literally.  The circuit is the same, except I had an extra 75 ohm to ground that I didn't need.  But not having it in didn't affect the circuit.  So I'm going to order another one soon, but I sitll don't know why the old one didn't work in the first place.  Still need to put together my composite/s-video converter to try.

Controller Converter:
As mentioned in the programming thread, I got a proof of concept working with a Raspberry Pi.  Raspberry Pis still can't be bought.  So I switched over to to a PS2/PSX adapter.  I got the chip programmed, but I still can't get a program on it.  So that sucks for me.  I might have to buy another programmer.

SWORDF1SH

my latest project.  took my all last summer to remove the top 16 inches of ground to remove the dense clay and replace it with topsoil.  took me 2 and a half days this spring to build the raise bed garden with removable rabbit fence.  my wife dang well better plant a garden this year...

4 years too late but as a builder I appreciate this.

Legend

Was a good day outside so I went back to the retaining wall I built for my mom. She wants it filled solid for extra strength so I put in another 2 thousand pounds of concrete and it's still not full. It feels like I'm building the hoover dam!

kitler53

too lazy to get picks posted but i made fig newtons last night:
https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade-fig-newtons-recipe

holy shiit these turned out good.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

too lazy to get picks posted but i made fig newtons last night:
https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade-fig-newtons-recipe

holy shiit these turned out good.
Wait, this thread can be about food!?

Never thought about making homemade fig newtons before.

Go Up