General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

It is kind of funny how web browsers went from pushing tool bars to following Chrome and being visually lean.

Microsoft Edge looks almost exactly like Chrome.
Yeah, it is the best design philosphy. I love that firefox lets you totally customise all that though.

Legend

Speaking of firefox, their android app just keeps getting worse and worse. They keep making major changes and I do not like them!

Pushes all these features and things that I have negative interest in using.

the-pi-guy

I stopped using the Google chrome app.  
Kept having strange issues. Like it would freeze periodically until there was input.  And sometimes it would randomly display a previous page until I clicked on something. As if it saved a frame and displayed it for some reason.

Legend

Cambrian period is my favorite chunk of natural history.

You have no idea how much I'd love a film or something to faithfully show it. If I had a time machine, I'd retire there on a beach.

Xevross

Speaking of firefox, their android app just keeps getting worse and worse. They keep making major changes and I do not like them!

Pushes all these features and things that I have negative interest in using.
Yep, firefox android is super buggy and broken. I love having extensions but its so bad I had to switch back to chrome.

the-pi-guy

I'd have to think about this. But
Mark Cerny (Sony consultant)
Michael Abrash, John Carmack (VR)
are probably the 3 people I envy the most.

the-pi-guy

I had a dream about Japanese grammar.  :o

The best part is when I checked, the grammar was actually right.

the-pi-guy

Xevross

the-pi-guy

So I want to try setting some goals here.  

Over the next 3 months, I want to finish the Japanese book I'm on.  (And buy a house)

Over the next 6 months, I want to put in at least 100 hours into learning Blender.  (And buy a new computer)

Over the next 15 months, I want to learn 2300 Kanji, and finish the next Japanese book.

the-pi-guy

I'm writing this here hoping someone reads.  :P

Growing up I would always imagine that I was a character in the shows I was watching. Able to personally interact with the other people.  Able to interact with the world. Able to do whatever I want in that world.  

This is a big part of why I'm interested in VR.  I want it to be able to bridge the gap between my imagination and the real world.  We are still a long way from that being possible.  But even in it's cruddy form, VR has made me feel things differently from any other medium.

Legend

I do the same as I'm falling asleep. I come up with a situation and play it out over a few evenings.

Dr. Pezus

the-pi-guy

I really like my headphones.  

Work gave me some headphones for meetings. They spent like $60 on it, and yet they feel really cheap and incredibly uncomfortable compared to my own.  

I used to hate headphones, now I feel like the issue is that people gave me cheap ones to use.

I've been using my headphones quite a bit. For work, been using them to play God of War on a monitor that doesn't have speakers.

Decided to buy a couple of Aux cables to make it easier to plug them in.

Dr. Pezus

I really like my headphones.  

Work gave me some headphones for meetings. They spent like $60 on it, and yet they feel really cheap and incredibly uncomfortable compared to my own.  

I used to hate headphones, now I feel like the issue is that people gave me cheap ones to use.

I've been using my headphones quite a bit. For work, been using them to play God of War on a monitor that doesn't have speakers.

Decided to buy a couple of Aux cables to make it easier to plug them in.
You should try the Sony wh1000xm ones

Go Up