General Discussion Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 16, 2014, 06:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mmm_fish_tacos

When did we out law abortion?

the-pi-guy

Well the US hasn't, but there's been some laws passed to make it harder.  (I think mostly at the state level)
Outlawing abortion would pretty much require the supreme Court.  Which would take some time.  

Xevross

Nobody said you did. You've just been going very backwards in the area recently, with lots of added restrictions and reduced access.

The fact its still a debate means you have a long way to go.

Dr. Pezus

Ireland has voted yes in their referendum on abortion, finally legalising it. Fantastic news. Its good to see Western countries still progressing while America travels backwards at 100mph on issues like this.
Took them long enough

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nobody said you did. You've just been going very backwards in the area recently, with lots of added restrictions and reduced access.

The fact its still a debate means you have a long way to go.
I'm not sure why you act like this is a purely American thing. It's a hot debate around the world. More so anywhere that religion is popular.

Xevross

I'm not sure why you act like this is a purely American thing. It's a hot debate around the world. More so anywhere that religion is popular.
Not in the well developed western world though.

And it's topical, with Trump and Pence recently trying to do shame.

Legend

My feet are killing me.

the-pi-guy

My feet are killing me.
Don't give knives to feet.

Legend

Now I'm light headed.

the-pi-guy

Now I'm light headed.
Blood loss in your feet will do that.  

But why?

Legend

Blood loss in your feet will do that.  

But why?
Cause I'm falling apart.

Dr. Pezus

Legend

Huh
I'm outside too much in 90 degree temp and walking 10 miles a day.

the-pi-guy

What is something that happened in history, that if it happened in a movie, people would call "plot hole"? : AskReddit

Not strictly a plot hole, but I'd probably choose the two Mongol invasions of Japan that were stopped both times by typhoons. Can't think of a more Deus Ex Machina moment than that. And to top it off, it happened twice.
Tycho Brahe's life. It's like a child wrote it. He lost part of his nose in a duel about a mathematical formula, and wore a brass nose around for the rest of his life. He hired a dwarf named Jepp to be his assistant/pet because he thought Jepp was a psychic. Jepp lived under the dining room table. He had a pet moose that got too drunk at one of his 16th century ragers and died from falling down stairs. Tycho died of a ruptured bladder from holding his pee for too long. Rumor is he didn't want to be rude and get up from the table during a dinner with the king of Hungary to pee. And after all that Johannes Kepler got credit for his work in astrophysics.

nnodley

I'm not sure what or who to believe in this Chris Hardwick abuse allegations.   I've always liked the guy and he always seems genuine so if she really is telling the true he is a piece of shame.  But now with the text messages coming out it tears down some reliability of her accusations.  

And his wife is standing by him and not saying he is doing anything like the accusations to her so who knows.

His career is likely ruined either way which is sad if he is innocent.

Go Up