PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

Raven

E3 2015 preview: Sony PlayStation predictions and rumours | Metro News

Kill Strain
This rumour is nothing more than a trademark registration made by Sony, but it's widely believed to relate to a new game by Syphon Filter creators Bend Studio. Whether that is actually the name of the project though is in a sense irrelevant, as they have already admitted they're working on something new for the PlayStation 4 - we just have to wait to see what it is.

^ Jesus fudgy Christ. Video game journalism, am I right? Somebody needs to tell them that the game was announced back in December at PlayStation Experience and is being made by San Diego Studio.

BananaKing

E3 2015 preview: Sony PlayStation predictions and rumours | Metro News

Kill Strain
This rumour is nothing more than a trademark registration made by Sony, but it's widely believed to relate to a new game by Syphon Filter creators Bend Studio. Whether that is actually the name of the project though is in a sense irrelevant, as they have already admitted they're working on something new for the PlayStation 4 - we just have to wait to see what it is.

^ Jesus fudgy Christ. Video game journalism, am I right? Somebody needs to tell them that the game was announced back in December at PlayStation Experience and is being made by San Diego Studio.
LOOOL!!! man is gaming journalism awesome. they dont know jack shame.

its amazing how so many people take meta critis score as a golden standard, when their scores is just a a collection from joke sites like this.

Raven

its amazing how so many people take meta critis score as a golden standard, when their scores is just a a collection from joke sites like this.
If that wasn't bad enough, half the article was sounding like they wanted to say, "You might as well not even watch Sony's conference".

BananaKing

If that wasn't bad enough, half the article was sounding like they wanted to say, "You might as well not even watch Sony's conference".
not even gonna give them a click to read that lol

Legend

What, the fudge.

Did they even bother googling it? Obviously not...

Raven

not even gonna give them a click to read that lol
They said shame like, "It'll be easy to predict what they'll talk about considering what they've been up to these last few months". What exactly has Sony done these last few months that makes their E3 easy to predict? If anything theirs is the least predictable.

These three paragraphs really got me going.

Sony's problem is that thanks to the delay of Uncharted 4 they don't have any major new exclusive planned for this Christmas. The likelihood of suddenly pulling a major new release out of the bag is remote, so instead they'll probably try to tie up a third party game with exclusive content. Star Wars: Battlefront is an obvious contender for this, as well as Destiny expansion The Taken King (aka Comet). Fallout 4, whenever it's released, is another obvious target for Sony (or Microsoft's) wallet.

What timed exclusives there might be is harder to guess, as it's probably too late for it to be any of this year's games. Something from Rockstar Games must surely be a strong contender though, as they currently have no new games scheduled and, as usual, aren't at E3 themselves. In the past they have appeared at other people's media briefings though, and you can bet that both Sony and Microsoft have been banging at their door trying to get a deal for GTA V's story expansion or the rumoured Red Dead Redemption 2. You never know, but maybe Agent is still an ongoing project too.

And yet it may not be wise to get too excited about major Sony revelations, as peculiarly they're not having a media briefing event at Gamescom (the European equivalent of E3) this August. They will be at the Paris Games Week in late October though, which suggests that they're a bit behind with their surprise announcements.

So while they don't come right out and say it, the first bolded part suggests that we shouldn't get excited because Sony "probably won't have anything to announce for the holidays". Yeah, because Persona 5 isn't already floating out there waiting for a release date? Because never has Sony announced a game releasing 4 to 6 months later? That happened just last year. Not to mention, Sony announcing something for the holidays is not the sole measurement of whether or not we should be excited by what they show us.

The second bolded part had me laughing my dog off. So apparently, pushing back a conference to a later event means Sony doesn't have as much to talk about at E3. Because the opposite doesn't seem more likely, right? That they want a big E3 and not have to worry about overlapping those announcements with another conference right around the corner? As if Gamescom has ever been a place where Sony made a bunch of big announcements. Last year's Gamescom was probably the biggest one they've done in awhile, if not ever.

Legend

Aura7541

That article is a fudgy joke. When a game is delayed, it's delayed. It happens. However, that doesn't mean that Sony is not trying to release their games for the holiday season. Last year, we got surprised with LittleBigPlanet 3 last Gamescom.

This leads to another point: it's a business. Sony has demonstrated that they can get a game out within 4 months after its announcement. However, I saw it as nothing more than flexing muscles. The game was released at an unpolished state and was drowned out by AC: Unity, Advanced Warfare, GTAV, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Far Cry 4. Similar thing happened with Sunset Overdrive despite it having a special edition bundle. This is why we're seeing Sony supposedly pushing for marketing rights for 3rd party games. I know, it's not pro-consumer, but it's a very economically efficient tactic. My point being: Don't release exclusives during the holiday season for the sake of it. Either that will lead to shoddy rush jobs or leaving them out to die.

The third paragraph Raven posted also made me laugh. E3 was pushed back a week and Gamescom was pushed forward a week. As a result, they are a half month's worth closer to each other than before and will not give Sony sufficient time to come up with a conference without copying their E3 one. Not to mention, Sony will be at Gamescom. It's just they'll not be talking on stage.

Raven

Aura7541

Raven

It's blank o.O
Odd. October 16th it's coming to PS4 supposedly. The worldwide release on PS3 was scheduled for Q3 2015 so I'm guessing this is confirmation that the PS4 will have yet another Japanese game for the Fall.

Fixed it. Legend's automatic crud was screwing up the url code.

Aura7541

Odd. October 16th it's coming to PS4 supposedly. The worldwide release on PS3 was scheduled for Q3 2015 so I'm guessing this is confirmation that the PS4 will have yet another Japanese game for the Fall.

Fixed it. Legend's automatic crud was screwing up the url code.
Ah, I posted that news on the gaming community thread because PC is also involved in Zestiria. I was afraid that Zestiria was going to be left out to die in the west, but these accidental listings are good news.

Raven

Ah, I posted that news on the gaming community thread because PC is also involved in Zestiria. I was afraid that Zestiria was going to be left out to die in the west, but these accidental listings are good news.
A PC version? I've only heard of the PS3 version until now.

Raven

Driveclub News Coming This Week; Surprises for June Teased and More  |  DualShockers

PS4/PC Version of Tales of Zestiria Briefly Appears on Bandai Namco Asia Site  |  DualShockers

Well there it is. That dang PC version after all.

Go Up