TV Show Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 07, 2014, 03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

nnodley

I'd have to agree with Legend on this one, but not getting into it though.  :P

I will say i think it's stupid she didn't just go and destroy the red keep and keep the rest of the city intact.  She already had the fear of the people from the dragon.  I feel like just destroying the red keep could have given her some sort of win with the people, possibly.  But she still would have killed some innocents.  

Loved the sequence of her and drogon destroying the scorpions.   She clearly knew from the previous episode that she would need to be evasive when flying around which is why she kept flying up and down to make them have to keep moving the scorpions to get clear shots.

Xevross

May 14, 2019, 05:59 PM Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 06:00 PM by Xevross
I'd have to agree with Legend on this one, but not getting into it though.  :P

I will say i think it's stupid she didn't just go and destroy the red keep and keep the rest of the city intact.  She already had the fear of the people from the dragon.  I feel like just destroying the red keep could have given her some sort of win with the people, possibly.  But she still would have killed some innocents. 

Loved the sequence of her and drogon destroying the scorpions.   She clearly knew from the previous episode that she would need to be evasive when flying around which is why she kept flying up and down to make them have to keep moving the scorpions to get clear shots.
The sequence was visually awesome but I couldn't help but laugh. Sure she learned and was dodging but its just so funny those ballista were 3/3 perfect hits on their first 3 shots from off-screen and then were 0% accurate with their next hundreds of shots.

Also Euron turning up right next to Jaime made me and my friends laugh out loud. Of fudgy course he was there.

Anyway its not just fans who are unhappy with this season, last two game of thrones eps have been rotten on rottentomatoes, with the latest one currently on 46%, the worst in series history. Critics recognise that its gone to shame.

Dr. Pezus

BTW, GRRM just admitted he hasn't even started writing the final book lmao. He ain't gonna finish before he dies, I'm sad to say.

Legend

BTW, GRRM just admitted he hasn't even started writing the final book lmao. He ain't gonna finish before he dies, I'm sad to say.
Well it's probably better than the alternative, having both books finished and just being locked away. It was weird how many people jumped on that being true.

Dr. Pezus

Well it's probably better than the alternative, having both books finished and just being locked away. It was weird how many people jumped on that being true.
In retrospect that sounds like an incredibly stupid thing to do for everyone

BananaKing

I hope he finishes them. Or at least has shame loads of notes on the endings so that another author can finish them. A part of me hoped the rumor was true, because it means that the books were finished at least. And I can eventually read the series

Dr. Pezus

Dr. Pezus

Chernobyl is an astonishing show

9.6 on IMDB  :o

Xevross

Chernobyl is an astonishing show

9.6 on IMDB  :o
Yeah I feel like I gotta watch it.

nnodley

Honestly not quite what I was expecting for the finale.  I liked it though.

Xevross

I really liked the very end but most of the episode was still a mess and it's a shame game of thrones final season was such a dud. Eh well.

nnodley

May 20, 2019, 01:13 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:24 PM by nnodley
I really liked the very end but most of the episode was still a mess and it's a shame game of thrones final season was such a dud. Eh well.
One thing i like is that they avoided becoming full on fanfiction for the ending.  It feels like a lot of the last 2 seasons was very fanfictiony, but i feel they avoided it in the finale.

Theres going to be a lot of really disappointed book readers when GRRM's ending is pretty close to what happens in the show.  With characters switched here and there for some storylines.

Xevross

One thing i like is that they avoided becoming full on fanfiction for the ending.  It feels like a lot of the last 2 seasons was very fanfictiony, but i feel they avoided it in the finale.

Theres going to be a lot of really disappointed book readers when GRRM's ending is pretty close to what happens in the show.  With characters switched here and there for some storylines.

You and I have rather different definitions of fan fiction but okay. I thought this was fan fiction in its purest form. Evil people gone, good guys are all happy and where they should be, which isn't very game of thrones imo. Don't get me wrong, I love the ending for these characters because its fan fiction and I'm a fan, but it does feel really unsatisfying.

Not at all. The problem with the show is how we got here, not the ending itself. Book readers know this is the ending they'll get, but they also know it'll make sense and be earned (if it ever happens). For example, Dany turning evil/mad will be done way, way, way better in the books and in fact the seeds are already being planted. Also final fight will most likely not be against Cersei, Bran will have more to do with the fight against The Others and shame like that.

Dr. Pezus

Yup. Have yet to watch the episode but based on this and last season I think the books will be far superior. They were already better when the show was based on them but now the gap is huge. I sincerely hope GRRM can finish them and effectively give fans a true remake of the show  ;)

Go Up