The Last of Us Part 2 |OT| Play Phase

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 29, 2020, 08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

dang you have some weird prejudice against DLC. Would you buy a prequel game? Why should a DLC be any different if its priced appropriately and has a good story to tell. I'm not super big on DLC but if a game I love releases some then hell yeah I'm getting it.
On the financial side, I'd assume most of you would agree with me that DLC costs money. I'm a really cheap gamer and I just rarely buy stuff.

On the player side, I rarely play stuff. Not enough free time so I focus on new experiences that can help me out as a game dev.

On the design side, playing Left Behind and The Road to Gehenna now would probably be great. It's been a few years so they can really stand on their own as short games instead of expansions.

the-pi-guy

State of play here we come.

Although I don't know who will watch it.

Reviews drop the 12th.

Legend

State of play here we come.

Although I don't know who will watch it.

Reviews drop the 12th.
7 days for reviews, nice.

After the state of play we should start predicting. Going to be interesting.

the-pi-guy

The Last Of Us Part II  Difficulty is highly customizable | ResetEra

I know this inst new in games at all but its still really cool
5. Difficulty is highly customizable. However, you aren't bound to defined modes like easy, normal, or hard; you can also fine-tune specific elements of the experience, like how much damage Ellie takes, how perceptive enemies are, and how plentiful resources are in the world.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
www.gameinformer.com   15 Things I Learned From Two Hours Playing The Last Of Us Part II  These are the details we found helpful, interesting, and amusing in a specific two-hour slice of Naughty Dog's revenge-fueled adventure.   www.gameinformer.com www.gameinformer.com      
[/size]

The Verge: The Last of Us Part II is also Naughty Dog's most accessible game ever (60 different options for accessibility) | ResetEra

This really deserves its own thread.

But one of the most impressive things about the game is how large and varied its accessibility options are. You can now navigate the world largely by sound, or zoom in on the screen as if you were using a smartphone. There's an astonishing array of things to choose from.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
There are around 60 different accessibility options in the game's menu, covering things like controls, visual aids, audio clues, navigation and traversal, and combat.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
[/b]
Some are fairly standard features, like being able to make the UI larger or tweak the subtitles for color blind users. Other elements are much more involved. There's a text-to-speech option that reads out everything in the game, from menus to the notes Ellie picks up on her journey, and audio cues to indicate when there are items nearby or a ledge you can climb up. A new high-contrast mode changes the visuals entirely for low-vision players, rendering the world a light grey, and turning allies blue and enemies red. (This was inspired by the unlockable "thief vision" filter in Uncharted 4.) You can even use the Dual Shock controller's touchpad to zoom in and get a closer look at the world.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
Diving into the accessibility menu in The Last of Us Part II is almost overwhelming, with so many toggles and siders to choose from. It gives players granular control over their experience, but to make things a bit easier, the developers also created a handful of presets that can be enabled at the outset of the game, grouped under categories like vision and hearing. From there, players can still jump in and tweak the settings to better suit their needs. "The idea here is to give players a starting point," says Schatz.  Click to expand... Click to shrink...  
www.theverge.com   The Last of Us Part II isn't just Naughty Dog's most ambitious game -- it's the most accessible, too  How the developer is opening up the story to even more players.   www.theverge.com www.theverge.com    
 More at the link.

[/size]

Legend

ND has been great for accessibility. U4 had some good options too.

Legend

the-pi-guy

Lotte Kestner accusing Naughty Dog of plagiarizing her cover of 'True Faith' for the TLOU2 CGI Trailer. | ResetEra

I've listened to it back to back and it's definitely similar to her cover version. I'm not sure if this is SIE or Naughty Dog's fault, but they definitely should work something out with the artist.

Edit: Here's the commercial with the song in question

[/size]

kitler53

Lotte Kestner accusing Naughty Dog of plagiarizing her cover of 'True Faith' for the TLOU2 CGI Trailer. | ResetEra

i mean, it sounds similar that's true.    ...but it sounds like half a billion other "acoustic guitar + vocals" songs i've heard.  

sounds like this lotte covered a song and that ND paid the original artist for the rights to the song.  i'm not sure she has much of a legal case here.  since they are both covering the same song she can't say ND stole here lyrics or melodies.  it would be entirely limited to "arrangement" and that is a very narrow scope on which to claim plagiarism.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Should I order this?

Should I stroll into best buy on release day?

Or should I just be cheap and avoid the internet for a while?

the-pi-guy

Xevross

Should I order this?

Should I stroll into best buy on release day?

Or should I just be cheap and avoid the internet for a while?
You gotta buy it!

Legend

You gotta buy it!
I think I'm going with the second option.

Not sure what but something yesterday made me think of TLOU and I'm finally feeling a bit of hype for part 2.

Xevross

I think I'm going with the second option.

Not sure what but something yesterday made me think of TLOU and I'm finally feeling a bit of hype for part 2.
I've felt a bit indifferent until a couple weeks ago and then reviews have made me realised this is one of the most acclaimed games ever, a game I've been anticipating for years. Now its only a few days away I'm getting immensely hyped.

Go Up