website enhancement request

Started by kitler53, Feb 07, 2024, 01:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

I thought there was a thread for this but I couldn't find it...

anyways,.. not even sure this is the websites fault but I can't seem to fix it on my end so I'm going to ask now.

I'm the old man of the group and my eyes aren't what they used to be.   as much as it pains me to admit this I had to increase the size of the font on my phone so that I could read text. 

that change in my phone OS seems to be honored every where I go except 1 place: writing a post here. 

to be clear reading posts is fine.  all of the buttons and posts are iincreased in size.    ...but as I write this OP I'm looking at the same small font size I have always had.

anyways,.. not sure if you can fix things on your end legend but maybe it is and you just didn't realize it was a problem.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

Yeah I'll look in to that. If it's just the text editor being hardcoded with the wrong type of font size then it should be pretty easy.

kitler53

Yeah I'll look in to that. If it's just the text editor being hardcoded with the wrong type of font size then it should be pretty easy.
Thanks!

for the record vizioneck is like 1000% better than era.   on era on the only thing that responds to the font configuration are the banners.   for a forum soo vocal about accessibility i find this hilarious.

i can't say other websites have been 100% perfect but most of the sites i visit have been pretty good about this.    i do hate feeling soo old though...

Legend

Thanks!

for the record vizioneck is like 1000% better than era.   on era on the only thing that responds to the font configuration are the banners.   for a forum soo vocal about accessibility i find this hilarious.

i can't say other websites have been 100% perfect but most of the sites i visit have been pretty good about this.    i do hate feeling soo old though...
I'm not sure what the problem is. On PC if I change windows font settings then everything works for me while if I change chrome settings then almost everything works. Only the "view source" version of the post editor doesn't.

Meanwhile on my pretty old phone if I change firefox settings then everything works for me but if I change phone settings then nothing works for me.

kitler53

Feb 08, 2024, 01:13 AM Last Edit: Feb 08, 2024, 01:15 AM by kitler53
okay, I got things working on my end now.  after a lot of poking around I found a post that informed me of:

chrome://flags

going to that gets me a lot of secret config options for chrome.  after enabling "accessibility page zoom" things work as I would have expected them to. 

for the record,..you have a lot of layout issues at Max zoom.  it's fine, however, at the level of zoom I'm using.

kitler53

which by the way,... google disabling the accessibility features in a way that required me to find my solution on github has got to be the most anti-accessibility thing i've ever seen.   thank goodness i've got a developer background because if not i'd simply not be able to use chrome on my phone for much longer.   i tried safari on my ipad and it "just worked".

Legend

which by the way,... google disabling the accessibility features in a way that required me to find my solution on github has got to be the most anti-accessibility thing i've ever seen.   thank goodness i've got a developer background because if not i'd simply not be able to use chrome on my phone for much longer.   i tried safari on my ipad and it "just worked".
They have a bad habbit of randomly removing flags too.