When will the PS5 meeting take place?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 16, 2020, 02:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Well?

You may only select up to 2 options.

the-pi-guy

Jan 16, 2020, 02:18 AM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2020, 02:21 AM by the-pi-guy
A lot of people have been expecting a showing in February. Some journalists have even alluded to some kind of event in February.

As of yet though, there has not been any confirmation.

Or will they end up doing something very different?  

BananaKing

Seems even insiders are saying Feb. But I will go out on a limb here and say late April or may. Since they arent doing any E3 event

Legend

It's all so exciting with next gen coming around. One thing I'm constantly surprised by is just how poorly people remember the lead up to last gen. At this time in 2013 there were fears among gamers that Sony might not even make a next gen console. The PS Meeting opening was so perfectly executed because of that.

At 50 seconds in they tease PS4 and it worked so incredibly well because at that point, nothing about next gen had ever been mentioned.

I bring this up because PS5 is different. Instead its existence was first revealed almost a year ago in a Wired article. The name "PS5" was first mentioned last October in a second Wired article. A PS5 game was announced at TGA. We then of course had the logo revealed just at CES.

At this point it's impossible to repeat what worked for PS4.

the-pi-guy

It's all so exciting with next gen coming around. One thing I'm constantly surprised by is just how poorly people remember the lead up to last gen. At this time in 2013 there were fears among gamers that Sony might not even make a next gen console. The PS Meeting opening was so perfectly executed because of that.
I don't recall we here (well not here, would have been Chertz probably) doubted that there would be a PS4.  
There were rumors of PlayStation Orbis going back almost a year before the conference, that I recall that most of us knew about.  

Although maybe the problem was, I only started following game news more closely after PS4 was already announced.  

Legend

I don't recall we here (well not here, would have been Chertz probably) doubted that there would be a PS4.  
There were rumors of PlayStation Orbis going back almost a year before the conference, that I recall that most of us knew about.  

Although maybe the problem was, I only started following game news more closely after PS4 was already announced.  
Orbis had lots of rumors but Sony was in such a poor state back then.

Stock was around a 30 year low, psn hack was still fresh, ps move was doing poor, ps vita was doing poor, and biggest 2012 Sony games were psasbr,lbp karting,wonderbook,r&c bad one,etc.

It was bad.

Microsoft however was on the top of the world. They were kinda having issues keeping hardcore players excited but there was no worry about the state of the company.

It was common to expect MS to crush Sony and there was a fear that Sony could not afford launching a new system. I sure worried about it back then.

Xevross

Its probably going to be late Feb/ early March again, followed by their own show in the summer. They nailed the PS4 launch and I think they'll do their best to emulate it, so they'll stick to pretty much the same schedule.

the-pi-guy

Jan 16, 2020, 03:25 PM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2020, 04:14 PM by the-pi-guy
Could be nothing:

Legend

You lucked out with making this thread before his tweets!

kitler53

Jan 16, 2020, 04:55 PM Last Edit: Jan 16, 2020, 04:57 PM by kitler53
how the hell can anyone say that MS is dominating the next gen conversation:

- sony out of no where announces the SSD for ps5 and the virtual elimination of load times to massively positive press
 - ms says "us too" and it flys mostly under the radar
 - ms says all next gen games will run at 60 fps and gamers everywhere say "battleship, never going to happen".
 - ms shows their box/name (mixed reviews at best) and hellblade 2 (positive reviews but hype died dang quick too)
 - gearbox announces a ps5 exclusive to mixed reviews (at best)
 - sony announces the ps5 logo and for some inexplicable reason people love it.
 - ms announces they will have no next gen exclusive for at least 2 years and receive mostly bad press
 - sony doesn't announce a ps5 reveal conference and it is the only thing anyone is talking about these days.

if anything ms is losing the conversation because of the lack of exclusives but at this very moment it is a mostly a 50/50 split.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

You lucked out with making this thread before his tweets!
And he doesn't actually know:

the-pi-guy

Xevross

the-pi-guy

Jan 25, 2020, 06:51 PM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2020, 06:58 PM by the-pi-guy

Era is talking about this video.  

Fun little fake.

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy