NPD July 2015:PS4 218k, XBO 189k, 3DS 105k, Wii U 46k

Started by Legend, Aug 13, 2015, 02:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kitler53

DESTINY

Chertz: no hype for TTK... nobody talks about it... bad game... failure... hate it.
GAF: bad game... a shame for the industry... bungie is dead.

~100k in NPD after 10 months of launch.

IT IS DESTINY
you are like the only guy on the internet that gives a shame about this game anymore. 

mark my words, TTK is going to worse than the original destiny.  i and dozens that used to play with me have all quit the game.  good gameplay other than the terrible loot system and destroyed by how they handled the DLC.  i'll maybe come back for destiny 3 if they ever get their shame together and figure out what they want this game to be but changing the rules at ever release pisses me the fudge off.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

DESTINY

Chertz: no hype for TTK... nobody talks about it... bad game... failure... hate it.
GAF: bad game... a shame for the industry... bungie is dead.

~100k in NPD after 10 months of launch.

IT IS DESTINY
I think it's largely the xbox fan boys, pissed that it wasn't exclusive to xbox. Or they're afraid it's the better halo and will take halo's spot over.

I could almost guarantee that if it was exclusive to xbox they'd hype it up ever chance they get.

the-pi-guy

PS4 230k
XBO 170k
3DS 85k
Wii U 40k
Vita - too low to mention
Not too bad.  
PS4 -12k too high (Just outside the confidence interval of 5%.  :P)
XBO - 19k too low.  (11%)
3DS - 20k too low (20%)
Wii U - 6k too low (15%)
Vita - SPOT ON!  

ethomaz

you are like the only guy on the internet that gives a shame about this game anymore.  

mark my words, TTK is going to worse than the original destiny.  i and dozens that used to play with me have all quit the game.  good gameplay other than the terrible loot system and destroyed by how they handled the DLC.  i'll maybe come back for destiny 3 if they ever get their shame together and figure out what they want this game to be but changing the rules at ever release pisses me the fudge off.
So why people cares and buy it yet?

You need to know most TTK sales will be the upgrade digital... so NPD and others sources won't track that one.

Said that I expect a lot of physical editions sold being up to #2 in NPD September (behind MGSV only).

Legend

Good idea Pi. Let's bring back scores!

PS4 254k 83%
XBO 197k 96%
Wii U 30k 65%
3DS 95k 90%
Vita 10k perfect!

ethomaz

Xevross

mark my words, TTK is going to worse than the original destiny.  i and dozens that used to play with me have all quit the game.  good gameplay other than the terrible loot system and destroyed by how they handled the DLC.  i'll maybe come back for destiny 3 if they ever get their shame together and figure out what they want this game to be but changing the rules at ever release pisses me the fudge off.
Aha! This explains why so many of my friends play Destiny that they can't fit in one party while playing. And why they have all pre ordered TTK and are super hyped for it!

Aura7541

Doesn't look like the gap will be back to 1.1 million by the time this holiday season starts, meaning Sony needs to be smart at mitigating the holiday sales gap. As long as the PS4 doesn't get outsold by 600K and let's say, is only outsold by a third of that amount, Sony will be happy enough with that kind of relative performance.

ethomaz

Doesn't look like the gap will be back to 1.1 million by the time this holiday season starts, meaning Sony needs to be smart at mitigating the holiday sales gap. As long as the PS4 doesn't get outsold by 600K and let's say, is only outsold by a third of that amount, Sony will be happy enough with that kind of relative performance.
The gap is tracking close to last year.
September did 200k+ for PS4 so it crossed 1m plus October added it to ~1.1m.

If MGSV and Destiny can push PS4 to ~500k in September again then I can see another 200k+ gap pushing the overall gap to over 1m again like last year.

Aura7541

The gap is tracking close to last year.
September did 200k+ for PS4 so it crossed 1m plus October added it to ~1.1m.

If MGSV and Destiny can push PS4 to ~500k in September again then I can see another 200k+ gap pushing the overall gap to over 1m again like last year.
August will be extremely close and the XBO has Forza 6 next month, though I've heard preorders aren't that high.

I'm curious to see if the Japanese games (e.g. Disgaea 5 and Dragon Quest Heroes) will do anything for the PS4. I suspect that they'll have more an influence in Europe than in the US, though...

ethomaz

BTW it is amazing how Sony is holding a similar gap than last year without any price cut while MS dropped everything from Xbox One.
It is hard to believe how bad Xbox One could be if it was more expensive than PS4 yet.

Aura7541

I'm curious to see how far MS will go on the price war. MS genuinely thought that they would get away with making the $50 temporary pricecut last holiday season. However, as soon as the price went back up in January, sales plummeted. Abdiel described as "someone hitting the emergency brake".

I have a feeling that MS will go for an actual temporary pricecut on Black Friday and depend on retailer deals this holiday season. They can't afford to further devalue the console. Meanwhile, Sony needs to keep the price gap close. The average holiday season consumer is way more price conscious than the average non-holiday consumer.

kitler53

Aha! This explains why so many of my friends play Destiny that they can't fit in one party while playing. And why they have all pre ordered TTK and are super hyped for it!

nintendo has its fans but that won't make wiiU outsell wii.  ..and that's what i wrote,.. TKK will sell less then the original destiny.  not that it won't sell anything,.. that it will sell less.  destiny is a new IP and anything less than growth from destiny original to TKK is a bad sign for the franchise.  only happy customers are repeat customers and destiny has a lot of unhappy customers.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Kerotan

Destiny is a massive success and the thing is it's got so much room to improve.  Destiny 2 needs a campaign and to sort out the lack of content online at launch.  If it does the game will do excellent.  

I've only share played it but half my friends list spent half a year on it.  Can't deny it's got addictive gameplay.

Oh and it highlights the importance of Playstation.  Tiranfall side with xbox and destiny with ps4. Both hyped up to the wazoo.  1 is forgotten and the other is still selling gangbusters.  

3rd party's take note.

Go Up