Half Life Alyx review thread: 93 mc (59 reviews) 92 oc (58 reviews)

Started by Legend, Mar 23, 2020, 05:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

93 wow, the first VR game to have truly outstanding reviews. This was pretty much expected, but good to see it become a reality. Now to see the sales, there's probably millions of people like me who would play it but can't.

Dr. Pezus

93 wow, the first VR game to have truly outstanding reviews. This was pretty much expected, but good to see it become a reality. Now to see the sales, there's probably millions of people like me who would play it but can't.
Hm yeah the only downside :-\

BananaKing

Major step for VR. Great reviews.

I honestly want to play it so bad. But it's just too expensive. Hopefully its ported to PS5 and supports their VR option, maybe someday I can play it then

Legend

I have a headset but I don't think I should try this with my current pc. 8gb of ram  :P

Xevross

Player count on steam isn't impressive at all. Looks like fairly low sales to me. This is kind of expected though.

the-pi-guy

Player count on steam isn't impressive at all. Looks like fairly low sales to me. This is kind of expected though.
I think it'll get around 100k in the next few days.
Completely expected.

Cute Pikachu

Christ these last two weeks have been incredible for gaming.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

the-pi-guy

Other VR games:

Superhot VR: 839
Boneworks: 8, 717
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR: 3, 048
Beat Saber: 4, 472

the-pi-guy

Back up to 93 on both.

I know steamspy isn't as accurate as they used to be, but they have 500k+ sales.

nnodley

This game is amazing.  Playing through my Quest with oculus link at ultra settings and its fantastic.  Its borderline photoreal alot of times.  Interactability is amazing.  Haven't gotten through much of the game, but i was in awe in the first level for like an hour.

the-pi-guy

Moved up to 94 on MC.  

17 perfect scores.  
Only 3 scores below 90, and they are all 80's.  

Holy fudge.  

BananaKing

Certainly a GOTY candidate and I can see it winning a lot. It will be interesting to see how TLoU and cyberpunk hold up. What a crazy year. Even FF7 might compete

Legend

I really wish I could try out this game. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as others since vr locomotion tends to ruin my immersion but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Also can players draw on everything or is that one window in all the gifs special?