Nintendo's Next Console: Q1 or 2H 2024

Started by kitler53, Jul 09, 2023, 01:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I hope they do something cool with it. Switch was so disappointing for me personally compared to Wii U.

Would love if they pushed graphics. Wii U was marketed it as beating PS3's graphics so maybe Switch 2 could at least match Series S graphics.

kitler53

I hope they do something cool with it. Switch was so disappointing for me personally compared to Wii U.

Would love if they pushed graphics. Wii U was marketed it as beating PS3's graphics so maybe Switch 2 could at least match Series S graphics.
personally, the less gimicky the better imo.   i get that nintendo seems to sell a lot when they make a gimmick but generally nintendo makes tons of "imagine the possibilities" statements and then never delivers on them and then i feel burned on the expensive hardware (relative to capabilites) that is all but useless.   

i just want decent graphics.  i don't care about being a handheld at all.   this would be hooked up to the tv and never move for me.   that's a bit part of why i didn't want a switch in the first place is i feel like the screen and controllers sold with the system was all money wasted for me especially when i'd need to buy peripherals (decent controllers) to use it like a home console.   a fuking espensive console to not even be able to hit 720p @ 30fps in most games.  i really wish for a "console" option that is either better priced or (even better) better spec'd for someone that has no intention of playing it mobile.  just a bit extra to run games at better resolution and frame rates with hopefully a bit more drive space to download games too.  is that too much to ask?!?!

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

According to multiple people with knowledge of Nintendo's next-gen console plans, the company is likely to release new hardware during the second half of 2024, to ensure that it has ample stock available on day one and to avoid the kind of shortages seen with PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
Other details, such as backwards compatibility support for Switch games (physical and digital), remains unclear. Nintendo has said it wants to convert as many of Switch's 100m+ userbase as possible to its next system, although some third-party publishers are said to have expressed concern that legacy support for Switch games could negatively affect sales of next-gen titles.

Legend

Sucks that we haven't had years of speculation like with NX. Switch 2 is just such a boring concept.

What's this about a delay to q3?

kitler53

if this doesn't have BC i'm going just let my son know i have a steam deck and that nintendo is a terrible fudgy company....

kitler53

Aug 02, 2023, 06:22 PM Last Edit: Aug 02, 2023, 06:23 PM by kitler53
updated thread title to reflect conflicting rumor of 2H 2024.

apparently there is a rumor that nintendo "confirms the existence of Switch 2 at Gamescom"  but i don't personally buy it enough to even post the link here.    we'll see i guess.  i just don't think nintendo talks about it until we're pretty close to release.  3-9 months feels right to me.

the-pi-guy

VGC says Nate The Hate was "on the money of what I was hearing"

nnodley

new cartridge formats? So old switch cartridges wouldn't work?  Probably would have an adaptor to sell for switch cartridges to work.

Legend

New cartridge format, interesting. Nintendo used to be great with BC and include a second slot for old systems but I doubt that'll happen this time.

BananaKing

I bet you guys even digital won't have BC

Legend

Not with that retro gaming cash. Build an emulator and still charge people per game.

kitler53

Soo many would be soo angry. 

Nintendo deserves the "arrogant" title more than Sony already but this would be next level BS. 

the-pi-guy

kitler53

the longer life goes on the more i've come to not really like leaks.   ...i do hope we get confirmation about BC sooner than later though.   that's about the only detail i really care about.    my kid wants a switch and i really don't want to get him one in the 11th hour.

the-pi-guy

More credible sources talk about it.

One Switch 2 demo is a souped up version of Switch launch title Zelda: Breath of the Wild, designed to hit the Switch 2's beefier target specs. (To be clear, though - this is just a tech demo. There's no suggestion the game will be re-released.)

Another VGC source claimed that Nintendo showcased Epic's impressive The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 tech demo - originally released to showcase the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in 2021 - running on target specs for its next console.

The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia's DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony's and Microsoft's current-gen consoles (however, it should be noted this does not mean the Switch successor will sport raw power anywhere near that of PS5 or Xbox Series X, which aren't portable devices).
This one feels a bit unlikely, but maybe it looks close enough for someone who isn't a digital foundry person.

Go Up