Riderz was banned on Neogaf

Started by Legend, May 23, 2014, 11:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I would but the thing I dislike is that it's just the same 3-5 users on this site. Not that the 3-5 users aren't great or anything, I just prefer a more diverse and full forum to engage in.

Invite people.  More people posting, the people who will start posting.  This is definitely an issue with smaller sites.  Not enough activity, but you just gotta keep being active and the site overall will become more so. 
That's the theory anyway. 

7H3

Posting more topics helps as well... :P
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

I would but the thing I dislike is that it's just the same 3-5 users on this site. Not that the 3-5 users aren't great or anything, I just prefer a more diverse and full forum to engage in.

Wrong, we're like 30

Riderz1337

Invite people.  More people posting, the people who will start posting.  This is definitely an issue with smaller sites.  Not enough activity, but you just gotta keep being active and the site overall will become more so. 
That's the theory anyway. 

I tried but I embarrassed myself.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Jokes

Where should I invite people from? I don't want to make it sound like I am desperate for people to join.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Riderz1337

Wrong, we're like 30

Name me 30 ACTIVE members lol
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

7H3

I'd say at least 7 active posters... :/
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BasilZero

Yikes!

I actually forgot about NeoGaf's requirements of not being permabanned :P

Good thing I am out of that threshold since I have over 1500+ posts lol.

Gooch_Suplex_Hold

Yikes!

Lol yeah me too. lol

the-pi-guy

Where should I invite people from? I don't want to make it sound like I am desperate for people to join.

I'm not sure.  Steam?  Just say something like "a really good friend of mine has this forum and I was wondering if you'd sign up?" 
Something to that extent.  Just make it sound natural.  Don't make it sound like you're hiding something. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yikes!

Good, so you can bait people to come here!

Dr. Pezus

I tried but I embarrassed myself.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Jokes

VGChartz

...lol

Dr. Pezus

Name me 30 ACTIVE members lol

All of us are active since all of us have posted and/or joined in the last two weeks or so

Dr. Pezus

I'm not sure.  Steam?  Just say something like "a really good friend of mine has this forum and I was wondering if you'd sign up?" 
Something to that extent.  Just make it sound natural.  Don't make it sound like you're hiding something. 

Yeah. Better include "video games" somewhere too

Dr. Pezus

Legend
Pezus
7H3
Raven
the-Pi-guy
Xevross
DD_Bwest
ethomaz
Mmm_fish_tacos
darkknightkryta

This is just the top 10.
Btw, what happened to Xevross? Did he lose the URL?

ethomaz

Well that is sad.

GAF have a really had policies for Juniors... so you can't post everything you think like a Member, well even Member are banned just not permbanned in the first time but some histories without facts give per mañana even for member (see the Mort case).

So you need to stay cool until became a member... that happens after 6 months and 300 posts.

BTW if you get banned after became a member you will drop to a Junior again... so the next ban will be permaban util you reach Member again.

The mods there are cruel.

Go Up