What CPU?

Jaguar
Something between the two
Zen
a sexy, smoothly peeled potato

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

They most likely will. Certainly in terms of their gameplay at least.
Both could have better graphics too, if we're being honest. We just don't see it well because we haven't had games that look better.
Gameplay for sure.  
I'm not saying games won't look any better.  Still lots of improvement to make.  I just don't think current gen games will ever look "bad".  

nnodley

Apr 09, 2017, 03:02 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2017, 03:04 PM by nnodley
Yeah so many games are using PBR now and that makes games look so much better.  The jump between gens will get so much smaller going forward. Which is why pro and scorpio are not gonna be these magical leaps in graphics some fans on both sides dream they will be.  People finally realized pro isn't a massive jump and people will realize scorpio isn't either. 

Games still don't have that realism of something like Avatar and we will get there, but it will be a long long long time till that happens.

Legend

LAunch ps4 games already look dated to me.

the-pi-guy

I have a very different bar for dated than you guys. :P

ethomaz

LAunch ps4 games already look dated to me.
This.

Games get dated really fast in graphics... TLOU2 probably will put U4 to shame.

ethomaz

SWORDF1SH

So, what I'm getting here is, Scorpio is a good machine and very capable but Digital Foundry oversold it a little. Kinda just read off a PR sheet instead of using their expertise to explain how it will work in the real world.

Legend

So, what I'm getting here is, Scorpio is a good machine and very capable but Digital Foundry oversold it a little. Kinda just read off a PR sheet instead of using their expertise to explain how it will work in the real world.
I think Digital Foundry got a little excited having an exclusive showing. It would have been cool if they were able to get more hardware specifics but PR numbers are still more interesting than nothing.

A deep dive with the lead designer would be cool at E3.

SWORDF1SH

I think Digital Foundry got a little excited having an exclusive showing. It would have been cool if they were able to get more hardware specifics but PR numbers are still more interesting than nothing.

A deep dive with the lead designer would be cool at E3.
The bit about dx12 being baked into the chip will make it much more efficient. Did MS say it's a feature already used on Xbox One? How significant is that compared to the PS4/Pro? DF made it sound like a huge new feature.

Legend

The bit about dx12 being baked into the chip will make it much more efficient. Did MS say it's a feature already used on Xbox One? How significant is that compared to the PS4/Pro? DF made it sound like a huge new feature.
Yeah it's nothing new and DF fubared with that part. Scorpio might be a bit more advanced with it than OG XBO, but nothing significant.

PS4 and Pro already have the equivalent.

SWORDF1SH

Yeah it's nothing new and DF fubared with that part. Scorpio might be a bit more advanced with it than OG XBO, but nothing significant.

PS4 and Pro already have the equivalent.
That was the only feature they mentioned that I thought really separated it from the Pro but turns out everybody is already doing it. How did DF not pick up on it? It's a pretty big oversight.

Legend

That was the only feature they mentioned that I thought really separated it from the Pro but turns out everybody is already doing it. How did DF not pick up on it? It's a pretty big oversight.
DF from what I know is focused more on analysing games than hardware itself. Probably just didn't know.

At least they updated that part:

SWORDF1SH

DF from what I know is focused more on analysing games than hardware itself. Probably just didn't know.

At least they updated that part:
They test a lot of hardware.

Legend

YEah but I meant they test hardware by running games. They aren't hardware engineers who'd know everything from the designs.

ethomaz

AnandTech did a better overview of hardware capabilities of Scorpio.

Go Up