previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Sep 28, 2019, 09:39 PM Last Edit: Sep 29, 2019, 11:31 PM by the-pi-guy
Release Date: February 21, ,2020

Multiplayer:

Xevross

Woooooooooooooooooh

BananaKing

I am thinking they will have a f2p multiplayer game for ps5. I bet that it will be a battle royal game. Ps4 and ps5 most likely to maximize that user base  

Legend

I am thinking they will have a f2p multiplayer game for ps5. I bet that it will be a battle royal game. Ps4 and ps5 most likely to maximize that user base  
I don't see it being battle royale but yeah that makes sense. Make multiplayer for multiplayer and singleplayer for singleplayer. No need to package them together.

kitler53

as long as "most ambitious project" is actually realized and not just marketing BS I can get behind this.

online multiplayer really needs to be the focus or just skipped entirely.  online multiplayer requires an active community of players or it can't even be played which is why a vast majority of multiplayer modes end up as a ton of resources for a mode that gets almost no play.  I'd much rather see more and more ambitious single player games and then far fewer but again more ambitious multiplayer games.  I think multiplayer really benefits from the free-to-play model as well because again,.. you need lots of players and free-to-play makes if far easier to build a community of players.

for "single player" games i wish there was more effort put into online co-op modes however.   I have a friend I play with every thursday and we both hate online multiplayer.  we've decided to stop playing destiny at least for a while and the number of alternative games we can turn to is a bit pitiful.  

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

as long as "most ambitious project" is actually realized and not just marketing BS I can get behind this.

online multiplayer really needs to be the focus or just skipped entirely.  online multiplayer requires an active community of players or it can't even be played which is why a vast majority of multiplayer modes end up as a ton of resources for a mode that gets almost no play.  I'd much rather see more and more ambitious single player games and then far fewer but again more ambitious multiplayer games.  I think multiplayer really benefits from the free-to-play model as well because again,.. you need lots of players and free-to-play makes if far easier to build a community of players.

for "single player" games i wish there was more effort put into online co-op modes however.   I have a friend I play with every thursday and we both hate online multiplayer.  we've decided to stop playing destiny at least for a while and the number of alternative games we can turn to is a bit pitiful.  
I liken "Multiplayer mode" in the same vein as those online access codes, and other non-sense they were trying last gen to curb the resale market.  Didn't work.  It's why that stuff isn't really a big thing anymore.

Legend

I liken "Multiplayer mode" in the same vein as those online access codes, and other non-sense they were trying last gen to curb the resale market.  Didn't work.  It's why that stuff isn't really a big thing anymore.
Multiplayer mode was also all about microtransactions. Give the most "dedicated" fans a way to keep paying you long after release even though the game is mostly single player.

Although I actually really liked GOW Ascension's multiplayer.

BananaKing

Multiplayer mode was also all about microtransactions. Give the most "dedicated" fans a way to keep paying you long after release even though the game is mostly single player.

Although I actually really liked GOW Ascension's multiplayer.
God of wars multiplayer was fantastic, I didnt get into it much because my internet at the time was shame. But dang, I was I can play it again