DemonNite teaser

Started by ethomaz, May 30, 2014, 09:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Raven

Maybe PS4+Vita. But...that would hardly count as a megaton because it's practically indie.

The fact that Sony has built a new studio would be big enough news in itself. Also, we don't know what kind of game it is. Working on a Vita game doesn't mean it's indie. I wouldn't call Gravity Rush or Uncharted indie. We don't know how long this studio existed or what kind of people make up the staff. Nor how many for that matter. It's entirely possible that this studio has existed for a year or more, has plenty of industry veterans at the helm, and just hired in a lot of the students, when they were impressed by their work, to fill out the positions they needed.

BananaKing

The fact that Sony has built a new studio would be big enough news in itself. Also, we don't know what kind of game it is. Working on a Vita game doesn't mean it's indie. I wouldn't call Gravity Rush or Uncharted indie. We don't know how long this studio existed or what kind of people make up the staff. Nor how many for that matter. It's entirely possible that this studio has existed for a year or more, has plenty of industry veterans at the helm, and just hired in a lot of the students, when they were impressed by their work, to fill out the positions they needed.

it seems that sony is wanting every studio it has to grow into making AAA console games. Sony Bend was made to make a PS4 Game, not continue with Vita. Guerrilla Cambridge is also working on a PS4 game. Ready At Dawn, while not a Sony studio, but it grew up with sony and has almost its entire history with Sony, has been shifted from making PSP games to PS4 games.

They can start out making Vita games, because honestly, thats whats logical, and then grow into making AAA PS4 games with time. 

Raven

it seems that sony is wanting every studio it has to grow into making AAA console games. Sony Bend was made to make a PS4 Game, not continue with Vita. Guerrilla Cambridge is also working on a PS4 game. Ready At Dawn, while not a Sony studio, but it grew up with sony and has almost its entire history with Sony, has been shifted from making PSP games to PS4 games.

They can start out making Vita games, because honestly, thats whats logical, and then grow into making AAA PS4 games with time. 

I would say it's logical if the Vita wasn't already tanking everywhere but Japan. I don't know that Sony really wants to devote any of its first-party Western resources to Vita games. At this point, releasing a first party PS4 title that is decent would be a bigger win for Sony than a Vita game that is excellent.

the-pi-guy

Sony might devote some resources to Vita. 
But of course, nothing serious. 
It's going to be small development teams.  Think Tearaway, or even smaller. 

Pixel Opus might be a Vita studio, but I think we need to know how big the studio is before we make any assumptions. 

BananaKing

what if one of the megatons was TitanFall? that would be lame and anticlimactic.

Raven

what if one of the megatons was TitanFall? that would be lame and anticlimactic.

At this point I'm actually torn on whether or not I'd be disappointed if that was one of the big things announced. I still don't think it's true. I'll say it again, Tidux heard that Respawn had an internal PS4 version and jumped to a conclusion.

BananaKing

At this point I'm actually torn on whether or not I'd be disappointed if that was one of the big things announced. I still don't think it's true. I'll say it again, Tidux heard that Respawn had an internal PS4 version and jumped to a conclusion.

i'd honestly be disappointed. i stopped thinking of TitanFall as a big deal, it came out, and it was way overhyped. its a good game, but its no where near the game changer people (MS and EA) hyped it out to be.

also, i want megatons that come as surprised and new experiences. TitanFall is known, its out there, its old news now. i want something new.

Forum reactions would be the best thing about this kind of announcement though.

Dr. Pezus

i'd honestly be disappointed. i stopped thinking of TitanFall as a big deal, it came out, and it was way overhyped. its a good game, but its no where near the game changer people (MS and EA) hyped it out to be.

also, i want megatons that come as surprised and new experiences. TitanFall is known, its out there, its old news now. i want something new.

Forum reactions would be the best thing about this kind of announcement though.

I only want it because so many said it would never happen

BananaKing

I only want it because so many said it would never happen

too bad you wont get to rub it in their faces. ;)

Dr. Pezus

too bad you wont get to rub it in their faces. ;)

We'll see ;-)

nnodley

May 31, 2014, 11:41 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:45 PM by nnodley

Yeah but he never said that the first Titanfall was coming to ps4.  He just said there was a build of titanfall up and running on ps4.  Unless you can provide where he said the first one is coming to ps4.  The second most certainly is and that's a given based on it's decent but not amazing performance on X1.

Oh and I'm guessing it will 5 big announcements at E3.  Everyone keeps saying to not be hyped for sony' conference but be hyped for MS.  But a lot of MS's was leaked by ntkrnl.  Might be more surprises but I doubt too many more.  Now sony is keeping things tight except for project beast.  So weird how MS gets all the faith they will blow everyone away with all the games, yet sony has the best output of games like ever over the past 5 years.  I think sony knows they need some big surprises to keep hype and hopefully to get rid of the freaking ridiculous no games shame.  Actually that won't ever go away because you know, fanboys!

Raven

Yeah but he never said that the first Titanfall was coming to ps4.  He just said there was a build of titanfall up and running on ps4.  Unless you can provide where he said the first one is coming to ps4.  The second most certainly is and that's a given based on it's decent but not amazing performance on X1.

He said Titanfall was going multiplatform because he found out that Respawn had it running internally. Come on Nnodley, everyone knows the franchise is going multiplatform and it's way too early to be talking about an internal build of a sequel. He was trying to be the first to break news.

nnodley

He said Titanfall was going multiplatform because he found out that Respawn had it running internally. Come on Nnodley, everyone knows the franchise is going multiplatform and it's way too early to be talking about an internal build of a sequel. He was trying to be the first to break news.

Well obviously!! :-p  That's big news though because it takes away the supposed savior of xbox from being exclusive.  Who wouldn't want to break that news first.

Raven

Oh and I'm guessing it will 5 big announcements at E3.  Everyone keeps saying to not be hyped for sony' conference but be hyped for MS.  But a lot of MS's was leaked by ntkrnl.  Might be more surprises but I doubt too many more.  Now sony is keeping things tight except for project beast.  So weird how MS gets all the faith they will blow everyone away with all the games, yet sony has the best output of games like ever over the past 5 years.  I think sony knows they need some big surprises to keep hype and hopefully to get rid of the freaking ridiculous no games shame.  Actually that won't ever go away because you know, fanboys!

A lot of assumptions are being made because of how last E3 went with games. People seem to have very short term and selective memories. Not only did Microsoft's E3 conferences suck for a few years before 2013, and they blew nearly their whole 2013 announcements wad there, but Sony's E3 conference took a hit because they gave us an awesome 2-hour reveal event months earlier which had a lot of what they would have otherwise first announced at E3. Also, you can thank Thuway for running his mouth about the conferences. He's telling people not to get too excited because of what he heard from Judge's Week while completely failing to realize that Judge's Week doesn't even matter for how good the conferences are.

Dr. Pezus

Am I the only one who thought MS' last E3 wasn't good? I mean, I keep seeing this around the internet but I don't remember anything memorable, except for the horrible strategy of their console launch of course.

Go Up