DemonNite teaser

Started by ethomaz, May 30, 2014, 09:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

Demonite is a Sony guy.

Doubt he's teasing gtav unless it's ps4 exclusive.

that would be a massive waste of money.

Dr. Pezus

that would be a massive waste of money.

I don't think so. Would actually be worth it I think, if it's a decent upgrade.

the-pi-guy

I'm going to say not GTA V. 

BananaKing

I don't think so. Would actually be worth it I think, if it's a decent upgrade.

game already sold 32.5 million. everybody played it. most people who would buy it on next gen are gonna be double dippers. and double dipping surely wont move consoles. it would still sell in the millions. but it would have cost sony a good deal of money, money that could have been spent much better else where. not on a game that everybody has played.

the-pi-guy

We have a good number of posts that are talking about the video and not the game.  So now it shall be two separate topics. 

Dr. Pezus

game already sold 32.5 million. everybody played it. most people who would buy it on next gen are gonna be double dippers. and double dipping surely wont move consoles. it would still sell in the millions. but it would have cost sony a good deal of money, money that could have been spent much better else where. not on a game that everybody has played.

I disagree. It would sell more than most other games they could secure AND it would get the double dippers to buy a PS4 (upgrade from last-gen consoles). They could include all the DLC, uprade to 1080p60fps, call it a day and watch the money flowing in.

Dr. Pezus

We have a good number of posts that are talking about the video and not the game.  So now it shall be two separate topics. 

Such evil

the-pi-guy

Raven

Uncharted 4, Project Beast, The Last Guardian, GG's IP(?), ...?

I'm not sure that Uncharted would be counted. We already know the game exists. We know what to expect in general from the franchise. I'm guessing that DemonNite would be teasing things that aren't officially announced and expected to get big reactions when they are. The Last Guardian would most definitely cause a meltdown across the internet. Guerrilla's new IP, considering the rumors, would also be a bombshell. Based on the reactions of the Project Beast leak, that game should almost certainly be counted. The other two would then be up for debate. We did just get word from the New York Times that Sony has a new internal studio called Pixel Opus that has a game they've been working on. That would be big news if Sony confirms it all at E3. I'm going to take a shot and say that the last megaton announcement would be a big third party exclusive. Verendus has teased it before and we've heard numerous rumors of third party exclusives for PS4.

Dr. Pezus

I'm not sure that Uncharted would be counted. We already know the game exists. We know what to expect in general from the franchise. I'm guessing that DemonNite would be teasing things that aren't officially announced and expected to get big reactions when they are. The Last Guardian would most definitely cause a meltdown across the internet. Guerrilla's new IP, considering the rumors, would also be a bombshell. Based on the reactions of the Project Beast leak, that game should almost certainly be counted. The other two would then be up for debate. We did just get word from the New York Times that Sony has a new internal studio called Pixel Opus that has a game they've been working on. That would be big news if Sony confirms it all at E3. I'm going to take a shot and say that the last megaton announcement would be a big third party exclusive. Verendus has teased it before and we've heard numerous rumors of third party exclusives for PS4.

Wasn't Pixel Opus working on Vita games?

DD_Bwest

Wasn't Pixel Opus working on Vita games?

the prototypes they were working on at school were vita,  but it didnt say what the new studio was actaully working on.   it could very well be vita as thats what they are familiar with,  or could also be ps4.

Dr. Pezus

the prototypes they were working on at school were vita,  but it didnt say what the new studio was actaully working on.   it could very well be vita as thats what they are familiar with,  or could also be ps4.

Maybe PS4+Vita. But...that would hardly count as a megaton because it's practically indie.

DD_Bwest

Maybe PS4+Vita. But...that would hardly count as a megaton because it's practically indie.

ye i dont see it really as a bomb,  but a good sign of sony's strategy of first party studios.   Paying for exclusives isnt financially viable,  it make way more sense to use that money to create studios that will make the games lol

BananaKing

project morphous maybe? would sound reasonable. Found a new studio to make new VR games.

BananaKing

the question is, what are the chances of it being an Epic's new IP or Agent?

Go Up