Bloomberg: Sony's next PlayStation 5 announcement is "tentatively scheduled for this month" News

Started by the-pi-guy, Aug 04, 2020, 10:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

This almost feels like an intentional leak to respond to the backlash. 

Looking forward to it though! 

(Although this doesn't sound like anything big).

Xevross

I'm reminding myself that Switch's big show with date and price reveal was less than 2 months before the launch of the console. August would be a relative luxury!

DerNebel

This almost feels like an intentional leak to respond to the backlash.  

Looking forward to it though!  

(Although this doesn't sound like anything big).
Eh wouldn't bet on that, during yesterdays madness we got more insider claims that Sony has been paying a pretty penny to turn the first year of the PS5 into something significantly stronger than previous launch years were for them (which is in line with Jim Ryan's statement of wanting this generational transition to be the fastest ever).

So whenever the next PS5 thing will happen I expect them to go hard. One major third party (timed?) exclusive has been brought up from so many people by now, that we can be almost certain that it will happen at that showing.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Talking about FFXVI

the-pi-guy

Eh wouldn't bet on that, during yesterdays madness we got more insider claims that Sony has been paying a pretty penny to turn the first year of the PS5 into something significantly stronger than previous launch years were for them (which is in line with Jim Ryan's statement of wanting this generational transition to be the fastest ever).

So whenever the next PS5 thing will happen I expect them to go hard. One major third party (timed?) exclusive has been brought up from so many people by now, that we can be almost certain that it will happen at that showing.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Talking about FFXVI

Oh I know what's coming.

I just am not optimistic enough to believe it's this month.

DerNebel

Oh I know what's coming.

I just am not optimistic enough to believe it's this month.
I think it'll be whenever they decide to have their next PS5 showcase. Can't see them halfassing that.