The UK Votes to Leave the European Union

Started by Xevross, Jun 24, 2016, 12:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Here's a link to the thread for people who like torturing themselves: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1238622
I like self torture. Thats why i love those gaf threads.

Xevross

Here's a link to the thread for people who like torturing themselves: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1238622
If you only read the replies you'd think we just declared war on Germany

kitler53

i think the UK is going to regret this.  if there is one thing the economy likes it is stability.  this is going to be a very turmoil time for the UK and you will suffer for it.  

just the dip in currency makes importing goods much more expensive...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

One thing not mentioned yet is that the EU will most likely give the UK considerably worse deals than they had before to prevent other countries from doing the same.
The UK will also have to negotiate again by itself with all the countries in the EU. It will have to write new laws for stuff that was governed by the EU before

Raven

One thing not mentioned yet is that the EU will most likely give the UK considerably worse deals than they had before to prevent other countries from doing the same.
The UK will also have to negotiate again by itself with all the countries in the EU. It will have to write new laws for stuff that was governed by the EU before
Yet the EU can't just start throwing around bad trade deals. Not only is the EU going to hurt from the UK leaving but external trade competition from other countries may entice the UK to trade less with the EU anyways. Especially now that trade agreements with what the UK imports and exports should be much simpler to arrive at. The EU already has enough economic stress without intentionally making trade with one of the largest national economies in the world difficult or even fruitless. Of course, this is the EU we're talking about. I don't expect much from their appointed officials.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Jun 24, 2016, 06:55 PM Last Edit: Jun 24, 2016, 07:01 PM by Mmm_fish_tacos
i think the UK is going to regret this.  if there is one thing the economy likes it is stability.  this is going to be a very turmoil time for the UK and you will suffer for it. 

just the dip in currency makes importing goods much more expensive...
They where fine before the eu, theyll be fine after.

Cute Pikachu

Neogaf confuses me with their overeactions
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Dr. Pezus

Yet the EU can't just start throwing around bad trade deals. Not only is the EU going to hurt from the UK leaving but external trade competition from other countries may entice the UK to trade less with the EU anyways. Especially now that trade agreements with what the UK imports and exports should be much simpler to arrive at. The EU already has enough economic stress without intentionally making trade with one of the largest national economies in the world difficult or even fruitless. Of course, this is the EU we're talking about. I don't expect much from their appointed officials.
I don't think bad deals, but worse than they had before. Anyways, this is positive news for me right now because the pound has fallen quite a bit, making import (and PS+!)  cheaper

Raven

kitler53

They where fine before the eu, theyll be fine after.
from what i've read they weren't doing well before the EU. it was the promise of better economics that got them in in the first place. 

and with scotland probably going to leave briton isn't where i'd invest my money. 

Max King of the Wild

Read a npr article. They came to a conclusion that UK asked "what is the eu" after the vote passed. This is based on Google searches raising 680%.... But they don't say what it raised from or how they figure the ones searching were the same ones who voted

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

How are you feeling about it now xev?

Legend

How are you feeling about it now xev?
Probably happy brexit won and laughing at the internet drama.

kitler53

Probably happy brexit won and laughing at the internet drama.
it is not just the internet bro.  

but we'll see how thing go over the months.  it could get better or it could get worse.  it is all up the the leadership in architecting the exit.   ...which would be my biggest worry in the exit,.. for all the propaganda on the joys of leaving i never saw an exit strategy presented.  i don't think anyone saw this coming or really prepared for it and with david resigning the is also a leadership void. 

Go Up