Next Gen Console Prices: Prediction and Discussion thread.

Started by Legend, Aug 02, 2020, 11:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

PS5 will be $10,499.

Here's the reasoning:

As we all know, MS is a trillion dollar company, and Sony isn't. Obviously this means MS is willing to take a larger loss. It's also safe to assume they want these consoles to sell 100 million, so we take $1 trillion / 100 million = $10,000. That is the greater loss per console that MS is able to lose and Sony isn't.

Putting this loss into the console costs and we get:

$10,000 + $499 = $10,499.

Heard it here first.
No I heard it in a facebook message from some guy called Tyler first.

the-pi-guy

No I heard it in a facebook message from some guy called Tyler first.
Lol. :P
Was hoping someone else would appreciate it.

DerNebel

Sorry, but I need to share what I heard from my sources.

Xbox Series X actually $399 including 5 years of Gamepass. Multiplayer will go free and MS will reimburse people for the last 20 years of paying for Gold.

PS5 will be $899, I heard it's struggling with playing games at 720p and 20fps.

The Digital Edition is somehow more expensive at $999.

Sony is planning to increase prices for all games, services and accessories. Controllers for $90, new games for $80, PS Plus now $120 a year plus it's required for all games.

I heard that all Sony studios are currently on strike, boycotting to finish their games until they are allowed to release on Xbox and PC day 1 with simultaneous Gamepass launches.

Sorry but the era of Sony is done. It was a good run.

kitler53

Sorry, but I need to share what I heard from my sources.

Xbox Series X actually $399 including 5 years of Gamepass. Multiplayer will go free and MS will reimburse people for the last 20 years of paying for Gold.

PS5 will be $899, I heard it's struggling with playing games at 720p and 20fps.

The Digital Edition is somehow more expensive at $999.

Sony is planning to increase prices for all games, services and accessories. Controllers for $90, new games for $80, PS Plus now $120 a year plus it's required for all games.

I heard that all Sony studios are currently on strike, boycotting to finish their games until they are allowed to release on Xbox and PC day 1 with simultaneous Gamepass launches.

Sorry but the era of Sony is done. It was a good run.
oh boy,..

...sounds like you didn't hear the part about ps5 games only running on ps6.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

DerNebel

oh boy,..

...sounds like you didn't hear the part about ps5 games only running on ps6.
Oh man, I must have missed that.

But did you hear about Sony's looking to make sure that every owner of the PS5 get's fired from their job? Something about ensuring people have more time to play us what I heard.

Legend

Sep 09, 2020, 04:26 AM Last Edit: Sep 09, 2020, 04:48 AM by Legend
Am I allowed to update my PS5 prediction? I think $399 has a chance of happening.

EDT: Vita launched at $249 wifi and $299 wifi+3g. $50 difference was totally fine back then.

the-pi-guy

Am I allowed to update my PS5 prediction? I think $399 has a chance of happening.

EDT: Vita launched at $249 wifi and $299 wifi+3g. $50 difference was totally fine back then.

Technically no.

But technically it shouldn't be a problem.

Xevross

You mean normal PS5?

I suppose $399/$349 is physically possible but it would be utterly absurd and Sony would be taking a huge loss.

Legend

You mean normal PS5?

I suppose $399/$349 is physically possible but it would be utterly absurd and Sony would be taking a huge loss.
I could see both being $399 and the digital one having a pack in to make it worth it.

$399/$449 is still my best guess.

Go Up