Does Nintendo not have a big holiday game this year?

Started by kitler53, Aug 26, 2020, 04:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

not that with ps5/xbox it isn't a common theme this year to announce things super-duper late but i saw a thread elsewhere about the mini-direct that just dropped and if im' not mistaken it is almost september and nintendo still hasn't announced any "tent-pole" game for switch this holiday.   i'm a wrong?  will nintendo have nothing this year (possibly covid related delays).  is it really a thing to make major announcements just 1-2 months out these days?  strategic withholding to counter ps5/xbox?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Nintendo indeed have nothing, they haven't had a proper direct for a long time either. Its a very strange year for them , really barren of new releases yet Switch hardware is insanely high. I think they will have something for the holiday they'll announce soon but it may just be another port/ remaster.

They don't need to counter PS/ xbox anyway, they don't affect each other.

Dr. Pezus

They're probably planning something for launch with the new model in 2021

Legend

I was really hoping for a new 3d mario this year  :'(

Xevross

Seems like a Mario 3D collection is about to be announced.

Xevross

So now its been announced its obviously not a big game, just 3 low effort ports. If that's it then yikes, this is one of Nintendo's worst years in history.

kitler53

So now its been announced its obviously not a big game, just 3 low effort ports. If that's it then yikes, this is one of Nintendo's worst years in history.
i mean, it'll still sell at least 10 million.  but yeah, what a disappointment.

Xevross

i mean, it'll still sell at least 10 million.  but yeah, what a disappointment.
If it was on sale for more than 6 months I'd agree, but I don't think it will reach that. Perhaps since Nintendo fans are so starved right now it could make it there anyway.

kitler53

If it was on sale for more than 6 months I'd agree, but I don't think it will reach that. Perhaps since Nintendo fans are so starved right now it could make it there anyway.
well to be fair to me,.. i didn't know that detail when i wrote that post.

...at the same time i don't think 10 million isn't obtainable.   as they say..

Xevross

Looks like this is it. I'm pumped about this game, the story premise is amazing to me and I enjoy these kind of games. Its not exactly a big title though, warriors games are niche.

kitler53

Looks like this is it. I'm pumped about this game, the story premise is amazing to me and I enjoy these kind of games. Its not exactly a big title though, warriors games are niche.
look okay.  putting it in the BotW engine will probably increase sales off the success of the main game.

Dr. Pezus

Cool. Some core gamers will stop whining now while the casuals are lapping up Mario

Legend

look okay.  putting it in the BotW engine will probably increase sales off the success of the main game.
Only reason I might buy it lol.

kitler53

i can see right though you mass market behavior..

Xevross

Lol its a big reason for me, I love the BOTW art style. But I also love the setting and the story, I can't wait to explore this.