What are some things you'd like to learn?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jul 01, 2019, 12:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

So I'm currently trying to learn Databases.  It's one of the parts that I missed out on, during my program.  It comes up for a lot of jobs.  

Another is Japanese.  I really like languages, and I'd like to learn more after.  German, and Chinese would probably be what comes after.  Then Spanish and Korean.  

I'm also trying to learn various stuff about game development.  It's going way slower than I'd like.  I dont have very much time I can really dedicate to it.  

On a related note: One thing I've thought about is making a thread and using it as a learning blog.  Write up what I've learned about a topic, and perhaps get feedback.   I think forums are an okay way to learn things, because you really have to think about stuff.  

Legend

Cool idea with the blog. Just writing things out tends to help me remember and understand things.

I'd like to continue learning Japanase. It is a fun language and it's cool how non western it is. I'd also like to learn Arabic and Russian for similar reasons.

I'd like to learn American Sign Language too. A while ago I taught myself a lot of it but right now I can only remember a few words.

Re-learning to play the piano would also be fun if I ever have too much free time.

Just in general I like learning more math and science things. On youtube I watch a lot of those types of videos and I read up on stuff a lot. I know way too much about rockets for someone not involved in rockets haha.

Taking your question further, there are so many things I want solved during my life. What is the solution to the fermi paradox? Did other forms of life ever exist on Earth, or was rna the only thing that popped up? What are the solutions to famous math problems? Are there animals hidden in the ocean or elsewhere that are really cool yet unknown? What is ball lightning? Is string theory right? How does gravity work at the quantum level and other things like that? Is backwards time travel possible and how would it work? Does our solar system have a 9th planet? What is dark matter? What happens inside the event horizon of a black hole as it shrinks? Do humans suffer in all forms of low gravity or just 0g? What's the deal with consciousness? What is the meaning of various old text we cannot translate? What is up with Oak island? What caused the big bang? Why does the universe have this much energy? Why is the sun hottest on the outside? Do cryovolcanos look as cool as they sound? Does Avatar 2 ever release?

nnodley

I want to learn guitar. Started a while ago, but fell off.  Need to get back to it.

Also want to start and learn how to build online brands.  Got a few ideas, but need to just go forward on developing them.  Will never know if they will work unless i try.

kitler53

i'd like to learn what emma watson tastes like..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

i'd like to learn what emma watson tastes like..
Salty doritos

kitler53

Salty doritos
cool ranch or nacho cheese?  

nope, scratch that.  she'd be the flaming hot doritos.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

NeverDies

I'd love to learn how to draw. I've always wanted to be able to think up something cool, and then put it to paper.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />