Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

We've already established series s is for the casuals! It's like judging Kinect on pre-orders (I do remember it getting a decent bit of pre-orders though)
Both kinect and wii had a super strong casual demand leading up to launch.

Xevross

Both kinect and wii had a super strong casual demand leading up to launch.

Yeah this.

Series S price isn't going to change, its available on places like amazon. If its not selling now its not going to get much better I don't think apart from impulse buys and its not quite cheap enough for that. Wii pre-orders were crazy, pre-orders are usually a good indicator.

kitler53

if series s tanks look forward to horribly optimized series s ports. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

if series s tanks look forward to horribly optimized series s ports.
I don't think that is too big of a worry at least for the early years. For most games it will be really easy to scale down for series s.

the-pi-guy

Series S never got stocked in US amazon?

Legend

Xevross

Sep 27, 2020, 01:38 PM Last Edit: Sep 27, 2020, 01:42 PM by Xevross
Series S still available on amazon UK. A whole day of sales and it actually dropped one place on the monthly ranking, below fifa 21 down to #13. Series X also dropped to #5 for the month.

As for the yearly, Series X down to #48, DualSense up to #91 (PS5 still at #7).

DerNebel

Sep 27, 2020, 03:24 PM Last Edit: Sep 27, 2020, 08:50 PM by DerNebel
If the Series S bombs, I will first be amused because it would prove Jim Ryan right on a point, that people gave him extensive shame for again, and then bummed, because it still won't go away and will continue to be the baseline that next gen will be chained to for multiplats.

BananaKing

^^ yeah unless somehow MS allows multipats to be series X exclusive. But i don't see that happening as it would destroy any trust or goodwill any series S owners have.

Either way, I expect series S owners will pay the price for buying it. In 4 or 5 years or so i expect MS to drop the system. And allow series X and series X "pro" or the next line of xbox to have exclusives of their own

Xevross

^^ yeah unless somehow MS allows multipats to be series X exclusive. But i don't see that happening as it would destroy any trust or goodwill any series S owners have.

Either way, I expect series S owners will pay the price for buying it. In 4 or 5 years or so i expect MS to drop the system. And allow series X and series X "pro" or the next line of xbox to have exclusives of their own
Yeah I wouldn't touch Series S with a 10ft barge pole and I'd advise anyone I talk to against buying it. Its not future proofed and may be dropped quite quickly. There's plenty of benefits to other systems outside of 4K that make them so much better value for money.

Seems like enthusiasts who buy consoles in the first year are aware of this.

Legend

Might be a slow burn and sell out everywhere come launch.

But right now it seems to be trending the other direction.

Xevross

Might be a slow burn and sell out everywhere come launch.

But right now it seems to be trending the other direction.

It will definitely still sell out everywhere, its just taking a much longer time to get through pre-order allocation than expected.

Legend

It will definitely still sell out everywhere, its just taking a much longer time to get through pre-order allocation than expected.
If microsoft keeps making more units available, will that outpace demand though? Can't imagine a lot of additional people will decide to get a series s between now and launch.

Xevross

Series S finally sold out on amazon UK. Took about 4 days to sell out a substantially smaller level of stock than the PS5 digital sold in just a few minutes. I think that demonstrates the difference in demand quite well, PS5 DE is actually £110 more than Series S too which is a much bigger price gap than in the US.

Xevross

Oct 04, 2020, 07:11 PM Last Edit: Oct 04, 2020, 07:24 PM by Xevross
Crash 4 beat SW Squadrons by 1000 units in UK charts. Crash 4 sales down 80% from N-Sane Trilogy physical only though. Sales split for Crash was 82/18 in favour of PS4. 68/32 in favour of PS4 for SW Squadrons. PS4 consistently selling more SW for its install base than xb1 lately.

Go Up