What would you like to see from TES VI?

Started by the-pi-guy, Jan 11, 2020, 03:19 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

the-pi-guy

A big thing I'd like to see is a big improvement with the AI.  

-It's so lame, when you're attacking someone and they say "I yield", and you stop attacking, and then they always without fail return to attacking.  
-*gets shot with an arrow*, *starts looking around* "Must have just been the wind"

I know it's really hard to do AI, but I just really wish that the AI didn't feel like so systematic.  

"I got attacked" - check
"Spend 30 seconds looking for person" - check
"resume activities" - check
----
"I got attacked" - check
"There he is" - check
"I yield" - check
Repeat step 2

Realistically: make more branching paths.  80% make the enemy yelling that he yields actually yield.  Something like that.  

Bonus AI, it'd be cool if NPCs could be more meaningful.  I'm not actually expecting this for another 40 years...  
----------------
Better quests.  
I know it's unrealistic to get a thousand hours of good quests, but it'd be great if the quests had more meaning.  If they were more interesting.  
I think it gets a pass just because you get to do so much. I think it'd be better to have 100 hours of really good quests, rather than 30 hours of really good quests with 1000 hours of horrible quests.  

------------------
Better gameplay.  I think it plays okay, but the fighting is absolutely nothing compared to say Bloodborne.  
It'd be nice if fighting felt better.
-----------------

VR support!  

Legend

Most of this will just be me mentioning what I've learned from The Forged Kingdoms but let's go!

I'd love multiple ways to end combat encounters like you suggest. Right now all you can do is kill everything or run away. It would be awesome if NPCs could surrender, fake surrender, run away after you killed their friends, etc. Would also be cool if you had more options like pleading for your life, bribing them to leave you alone, or threatening to kill everyone if they start attacking you. Same goes for your crimes being witnessed. It should be less gamey.

I'm not exactly sure this fits with TES but a concept I've been really interested in as of late is an adventure game where life has value. In Skyrim you kill people left and right without remorse, who cares. In TES VI, it would be so cool if death wasn't the first thing you jumped to. By all means be a bad guy sure, but the fine system is a joke as is. Murdering a full town should have lasting consequences beyond just basic gameplay ones.

I'd love sailing in the game. Skyrim had a large coast but it would be great to have lots of islands you can reach ala pirates of the Caribbean.

Lastly, minimal glitches  ::)

the-pi-guy

I'm not exactly sure this fits with TES but a concept I've been really interested in as of late is an adventure game where life has value. In Skyrim you kill people left and right without remorse, who cares. In TES VI, it would be so cool if death wasn't the first thing you jumped to. By all means be a bad guy sure, but the fine system is a joke as is. Murdering a full town should have lasting consequences beyond just basic gameplay ones.
I feel like this is something that Bethesda has talked about trying to do, but their actual attempts have always been lackluster.

The more I think about it, I feel like Skyrim is a game that does a lot of stuff, but it doesn't do very much of it well.  Although doing a lot of stuff is kind of the whole point of the game.  
Lastly, minimal glitches  ::)
Made by not Bethesda then!