Handhelds verse home consoles. Fight!!!

Started by Vita!, Aug 24, 2014, 12:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Vita!

Both dedicated game systems, yet they cater to completely different crowds.

I've always preferred handhelds. Graphics aren't that important to me, and handhelds allow you to invest so much more time into a game without taking over your life. Plus I just love the feeling of holding the entire game, verse just seeing my actions happen on a far away screen.

What are your thoughts?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Home consoles, I find with hand held that I play them a lot when I first get them, but after awhile they just sit there. And it gets to the point that I don't bother to make sure they are charged...

Vita!

Home consoles, I find with hand held that I play them a lot when I first get them, but after awhile they just sit there. And it gets to the point that I don't bother to make sure they are charged...

Charging is the big disadvantage, you have me there.

You can just leave them plugged in overnight when you're not using them though.

Legend

I like handhelds, but I always find myself playing them around the house. I'm never actually using them on the go.

That said, this is like choosing a favorite child. I just can't do it!

Vita!

I like handhelds, but I always find myself playing them around the house. I'm never actually using them on the go.

That said, this is like choosing a favorite child. I just can't do it!

I'm the same way with handhelds, well home and the office in my case.

7H3

I've never really gotten into handhelds... but I did love my gameboy back in the day
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Sadly I never game boy, I picked a game gear. Biggest mistake of my gaming career.

Vita!

Sadly I never game boy, I picked a game gear. Biggest mistake of my gaming career.

What was on game gear?

I was alive back then, but I can barely remember playing my gameboy even.

Slayer

I dont have any handhelds.

I have a windows phone and play games on that sometimes, but the xbox one is better in every way.

ethomaz

Both are complementary for me.

It is like twins.

NeverDies

I have hyperhydrosis (I sweat profusely from my palms) so I don't feel comfortable spending a bunch of money on a handheld like the Vita. Console controllers aren't as bad cause they're way cheaper, I can just buy a new one when I break it. So while I think lots of handheld games look cool, I can only play console ones.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

7H3

I dont have any handhelds.

I have a windows phone and play games on that sometimes, but the xbox one is better in every way.

how do you like gaming on a smart phone? I find it addictive more so than actually fun personally.
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

the-pi-guy

I have hyperhydrosis (I sweat profusely from my palms) so I don't feel comfortable spending a bunch of money on a handheld like the Vita. Console controllers aren't as bad cause they're way cheaper, I can just buy a new one when I break it. So while I think lots of handheld games look cool, I can only play console ones.

Do covers/grips/magic help? 
Just something that'll put something in between your hand and the console itself.  Not sure that would help.... 

the-pi-guy

Tough decision overall. 
Pokemon, Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros. DS were huge for me.  And I certainly spent thousands of hours on GBA. 
But I'm going to say home console.  There, I've probably spent tens of thousands of hours. 

NeverDies

Yeah covers don't really help, especially with all the touchscreens on the new systems. Since my sweats conductive and warm, I can't use a lot of gaming touchscreen with any precision.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />