Battlefield censors "eat", "white man", etc

Started by the-pi-guy, Sep 10, 2018, 01:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Kerotan

Bunch of absolute fudge wits. So I'm censored from describing myself now? The game looks good but there's just so much negative battleship surrounding it. I'll probably get it on sale half price in protest of the direction they've tried to take this.

the-pi-guy

Bunch of absolute fudge wits. So I'm censored from describing myself now?
You're also not allowed to eat.  The SJW's truly are devious.  
Or you could just say white male.  

Dr. Pezus

I mean, why censor it?

Xevross

This is completely ridiculous honestly. My friends are saying the beta is a bit crud as well, so I don't see this game performing very well.

the-pi-guy

I mean, why censor it?
*Shrugs*
They've said it's censoring some words it shouldn't be like "DLC", and some words that should be censored aren't being censored.  

Legend

Software driven text censorship is really really hard to make fool proof. People are going to be upset about this and really try to beat the system which will probably make the end result even worse.

They probably should have stuck with traditional bad word censorship and had a manual review system for racist/sexist sounding things that the system flagged.

the-pi-guy

Software driven text censorship is really really hard to make fool proof. People are going to be upset about this and really try to beat the system which will probably make the end result even worse.

They probably should have stuck with traditional bad word censorship and had a manual review system for racist/sexist sounding things that the system flagged.
I think its weird though.  Some things were definitely not meant to be censored.  Apparently "DLC" is censored, unless you have "free" before it.  

Legend

I think its weird though.  Some things were definitely not meant to be censored.  Apparently "DLC" is censored, unless you have "free" before it.  
lol then that was definitely on purpose.

the-pi-guy

Hello Battlefield V Open Beta players!

We're really excited to have you join us for the Battlefield V Open Beta, and we hope you're enjoying the Beta and the new features.
One of the new features we're working on is a profanity filter in-game to reduce toxicity.

That being said, we have heard some complaints that the filter is blocking words that aren't profanity or shouldn't be blocked, like "DLC", etc. and isn't blocking some words that should be (obviously, I will not be providing examples of these.)

Please note: This is a work-in-progress and we will be taking this feedback to tweak the sensitivity of the filter and improve its usage without censoring relevant conversation.

Healthy discussion is what drives improvement in our games, and we'd never want to impede that.

Thanks for bringing your concerns to us regarding the current iteration of the profanity filter and we'll keep working on it.

The Teams at EA/DICE

BananaKing

I just don't know how EA and Dice keep fudgy up. Battlefront 1 got a lot of backlash, Battlefront 2 was a massgive screw up, and now Battlefield keeps screwing up again and again before launch. Also I think Dice have officially chewed off more than they can swallow. Having to release an AAA game every year, with just 2 years of development for each game, as well as having to support those games  just seems to much. Yes they have a ton of other studios helping but I would say it would be better if EA gave the Battlefront series to somebody else

the-pi-guy