Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BananaKing

UK: Spider-Man is fastest-selling game of the year | ResetEra

PS4 exclusive Spider-Man is the fastest-selling game of 2018 so far. It narrowly beat previous record-holder Far Cry 5 (which was available on more platforms), and sold almost double that of the previous biggest exclusive of the year - God of War on PS4. Not only that, but it's the fastest-selling Marvel-branded game in history, beating previous title LEGO Marvel Super Heroes by a big margin. It's also the fastest selling individual format game since the PS4 version of Call of Duty: WWII in November last year. Spider-Man is the latest in a long-line of hit PS4 exclusive single-player games

Almost double gow. Biggest single sku since cod ww2 ps4. By far the best marvel seller ever. Some insane stats there. Will sales blow god of war week 1 out of the water or is the uk an exception??
Amazing sales in the UK. It's almost 180k. Since GoW sold around 90k in the UK. It's sub uncharted's 190K though

But this isn't an Indicator of WW sales. GoW sold 90k, less than Horizons 115k, which sold 2.6 million in two weeks compared to 3.1 million in 3 days for GoW. Also Uncharted sold 190k in the UK but 2.7 week one, however Uncharted is rather weak in the US compared to the rest of the world when it comes to it's sales. Spidey has a huge following on the USA.

Dr. Pezus

Amazing sales in the UK. It's almost 180k. Since GoW sold around 90k in the UK. It's sub uncharted's 190K though

But this isn't an Indicator of WW sales. GoW sold 90k, less than Horizons 115k, which sold 2.6 million in two weeks compared to 3.1 million in 3 days for GoW. Also Uncharted sold 190k in the UK but 2.7 week one, however Uncharted is rather weak in the US compared to the rest of the world when it comes to it's sales. Spidey has a huge following on the USA.

GOW sold over 100k. I think the first number was wrong. Anyway, we know far Cry 5 sold more than 200k which confirms it

BananaKing

GOW sold over 100k. I think the first number was wrong. Anyway, we know far Cry 5 sold more than 200k which confirms it
Yeah seems so. This makes Spiderman the best selling PS4 exclusive in the UK first week so far. Unless we had Uncharted numbers under tracked.

Also this is apperantly physical sales only. So the number is well above 200, could be close to 300k with digital

Xevross

Sep 10, 2018, 12:13 AM Last Edit: Sep 10, 2018, 12:32 AM by Xevross
GOW debuted with 60k without digital, Spidey sold 190k without Digital. Obviously Spidey won't match GOW's legs but that is a massive difference.

Edit: oh I read that GOW is estimated at 90k FW instead of 60k now. I always thought 60k was super low, weird it took this long to realise anyway.

With that kind of performance in the UK, if it matches GOW in the US then we're going to see a huge opening week worldwide, maybe even 4m+ So happy for Insomniac. They've finally got their first mega hit.

Physical launch very similar to U4 (both 190k) despite U4 launching on a tuesday. Also digital will be much higher for spiderman. So probably a better launch than U4 in Europe, and probably more than double in the US. 4m does seem likely, in that case.

Dr. Pezus

GOW debuted with 60k without digital, Spidey sold 190k without Digital. Obviously Spidey won't match GOW's legs but that is a massive difference.

With that kind of performance in the UK, if it matches GOW in the US then we're going to see a huge opening week worldwide, maybe even 4m+

So happy for Insomniac. They've finally got their first mega hit.

Edit: oh I read that GOW is estimated at 90k FW instead of 60k now. I always thought 60k was super low, weird it took this long to realise anyway.
Where did you get the 190k? Didn't fc5 sell about 200k?

Xevross

Where did you get the 190k? Didn't fc5 sell about 200k?
Bruno clarified his 200k estimate was slightly off. Spidey sold 190k so Far Cry was actually a bit less than that.

Dr. Pezus

Bruno clarified his 200k estimate was slightly off. Spidey sold 190k so Far Cry was actually a bit less than that.
How do you know the 190k though?

Xevross

How do you know the 190k though?
Probably based on it being just short of double GOW.

Dr. Pezus

Probably based on it being just short of double GOW.
But didn't GoW do 90k?

Xevross

But didn't GoW do 90k?
We don't have exact numbers so I guess GoW must have done more like 96k.

Kerotan

If digital ratio is 40% which i think could be lowballing it and it did 190k retail first week then overall week 1 sales could be 320k+ considering digital is far more profitable to Sony the return on this game for them must be insane.

I'd imagine spiderman 2 on the ps5 will be getting a far bigger budget.

Cute Pikachu

Excellent debut for Spider-Man.
Dragon Quest was slightly below 10k apparently so make that as you will.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Dr. Pezus

Hmm. Not good. Digital might be better

Xevross

Well only slightly behind DQIX which I recall having a lot of ads (the reason I got it when I was younger). Hopefully legs can be better than normal for JRPGs

darkknightkryta

Dragon Quest never really sold super amazing outside of Japan.  I think that's part of the reason they gave it to Nintendo, to let them market it.  But they never really figured it out either.  I'm going to get it, cause the trailer I saw on Steam got me interested in the story.  I'm just gonna finish up a bunch of other things first.

Go Up