The VR thread. U R Not red(e) PSVR2 is legitimate!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Sep 05, 2015, 06:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

How sick of Pi's VR hype are you?

Ridiculously
0 (0%)
Very
1 (20%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Not at all
0 (0%)
Depends on my mood
4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Legend

kitler53

Nov 04, 2015, 07:39 PM Last Edit: Nov 04, 2015, 07:49 PM by kitler53
VR will be huge

a fools response.

no one has the room available to do that in their house.  i'd have to spend god knows how much money to be able to run that,.. what's the cost of a new living addition?  in my neighborhood it would probably be at least $50k...  fudge that.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

a fools response.

no one has the room available to do that in their house.  i'd have to spend god knows how much money to be able to run that,.. what's the cost of a new living addition?  in my neighborhood i would probably be at least $50k...  fudge that.
That's around the same space Kinect wanted.

the-pi-guy

VR will be huge

Lol, I thought Tacos made this post.  

I was half right.  ;)

kitler53

That's around the same space Kinect wanted.
no it's not.  the space requirements for kinect was 6-8 feet and unless that guy in this video is only 4 feet tall then clearly this room setup is around 12-15.  ...and remember how much flak kinect got for needing more space than people had in their homes especially in locations like europe and japan where home sizes are a lot smaller than here in america.   ..then remember with kinect you could see the room clearly,.. this DK demo seems to stop the user about 4 feet away from any obstruction to prevent the user from blindly walking into that wall.

i'm sorry but this is just unusable technology.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

a fools response.

no one has the room available to do that in their house.  i'd have to spend god knows how much money to be able to run that,.. what's the cost of a new living addition?  in my neighborhood it would probably be at least $50k...  fudge that.
DIY.  Save lots of money.  

the-pi-guy

Nov 08, 2015, 07:52 PM Last Edit: Nov 08, 2015, 07:55 PM by the-pi-guy
Spoiler for Hidden:
<div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube GKbpFMBQEr0"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GKbpFMBQEr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div><br><br><div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube Nd9flyY1z04"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nd9flyY1z04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div><br><br><div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube iF6nLYtGWJE"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iF6nLYtGWJE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div><br><br><div style="text-align:center;margin:auto;padding:5px;max-width:560px;"><div style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:0px;height:0;overflow:hidden;" class="youtube dwcK6xyb5bI"> <iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dwcK6xyb5bI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> </div></div><br>

Legend

Legend

Gear vr launches Nov 20th in US

Mmm_fish_tacos

A limited number of Vives will go out next month, with a wide release to take place before March 2016. But no matter how much spit and polish you put on it, Vive will be nothing without great experiences.

Valve hasn't just spent the last three years working on Vive and SteamOS - so what is it preparing in terms of software? "Thats one of the things we're holding back to reveal more information about but there's going to be a big story and we're excited to share it," says J.B. McRee, Senior Manager of Product Marketing for virtual reality at HTC.

Could it finally be Half-Life 3's time to shine? Maybe a new Left 4 Dead? It's hardly a surprise that nobody is saying more than that despite being so close to launch - HTC wants everything about the Vive to be a surprise.

"When we made the original announcement it was a surprise to probably mostly everyone," says McRee. "For us it was really exciting because, coming from smartphones, it's always been very challenging for us to bring a product to an announcement with people not knowing about it.

"It's difficult for everyone these days. So we know the excitement that we gained from that so we're trying to make sure we can try to do those types of things again so as we start to have these announcements and things we want to talk about we want to make a big bang.

"We're exciting to tell you, believe me."
"I think it's important for the industry for people not to be too terribly competitive right now, because in order for VR to be successful everybody needs to be successful - at least in the beginning.

"So we're not going out the door with much of a competitive aspect. We're obviously thinking about those things, but it's important for the industry for everyone to be successful, for the first products that roll out to deliver on a very good VR experience. That's a big weight on our shoulders, and we're taking that very seriously."
"Even though we're designing the hardware, Valve has say in what that looks and from a performance perspective how that works," says McRee - and it works both ways.

"We're very involved. Very, very involved. And there are things we haven't really talked about from a software perspective that we're excited to share as well, that I think people will be excited to hear."
HTC still won't comment on price, but we'll tell you now that it's not going to be cheap. "We're focused on quality of experience more so than accessibility and so it's important to us we get a very good experience," says McRee.

"Whether that means the price is impacted or whether that means the minimum spec is impacted, its not going to be a decision we take lightly. That's not to say if we release the minimum spec of one thing it won't work on lesser graphics cards, but that's what we consider comfortable. It may not be accessible for everybody. Nothing is ever accessible for everybody."

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...ames-1309114/1

Legend

Legend

Samsung Gear VR : Consumer Edition |OT| Goodbye, real world. - NeoGAF

/
The Samsung Gear VR is a Virtual Reality Headset produced and launched in a partnership between Samsung and Oculus. The Gear VR utilizes the Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S6/Edge as a display, CPU, and GPU. The tracking and touch input are handled by dedicated hardware inside the headset, with the hardware connecting directly to the device via the microUSB port. Software designed for the Gear VR bypasses the standard sandboxing and buffering of the Android OS via a custom kernel, allowing the content to run at a consistent 60fps and with sub 20ms latency at all times.
Developer: Samsung & OculusPrice: $99Release Date (US): 11.20.15Release Date (International): TBAWeight: 318g / 0.7lbs (without phone)Compatible Devices:
  • Samsung Galaxy S6
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
  • Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+
  • Samsung Galaxy Note5
//Where to Purchase:Reviews:Key Specs:/Compatible Controllers:Samsung El-GP20 Gamepad (Temporarily Out of Stock)
/

Moga Pro
/

SteelSeries (for Android)
/

Steel Series Stratus XL
/

Note: There are other bluetooth controllers that might work for this device. These are the ones cited by Samsung's support page. Use others at your own risk.Notable Games:Lands End
/

Eve - Gunjack
/

Smash Hit
/

Dead Secret
/

Mortal Blitz
/

Anshar Wars
/

Bandit Six Salvo
/

Bazaar
/

Faceted Flight
/

Ocean Rift
/

Atop the Wizards Tower
/

Viral
/

Oculus Arcade
/

Games Purchasable inside Oculus Arcade:
Bandai Namco
  • Pacman (1980)
  • Galaga (1981)
Midway
  • APB (1987)
  • Defender (1981)
  • Joust (1982)
  • Gauntlet (1985)
  • Gauntlet II (1986)
  • Rampage (1986)
  • Root Beer Tapper (1983)
  • Spy Hunter (1983)
Sega
  • Altered Beast (1988)
  • Golden Axe (1989)
  • Phantasy Star II (1989)
  • Shinobi III (1993)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992)
  • Sonic Spinball (1993)
  • Streets of Rage (1991)
  • Streets of Rage 2 (1992)
  • Virtua Fighter 2 (1994)
  • Ecco the Dolphin (1992)
Notable Applications:
/

/

/

MilkVR
/

Jurassic World Experience
/

theBluVR
/

Oculus 360 Tours
/

Colosse
/

Circle of Life - The Lion King
/

F.A.Q:
What is the main difference between the Innovator Edition and the Consumer Edition?

The new Gear VR is 19% lighter than the previous Innovator Edition and features improved ergonomics plus a completely redesigned touchpad for easier navigation.
Are all apps going to be cross compatible with the Innovator Edition and the Consumer Edition?

Sort of. If you were using an S6 as the base phone for the Innovator Edition you will probably be fine. The Note4 is another story.
What is the best gaming controller for the Gear VR?

Personally I suggest the Moga Pro.
Does the new Gear VR support the Samsung Galaxy S6 Active?

No.
Is there VR bad stuff available for my Samsung Gear VR?

Yes.
Where can I find the VR bad stuff available for my Samsung Gear VR?

/

Dr. Pezus

^Nice. I want to try it.

OT:
Is it me or does this vid smell like an ad lol?

Legend

^Nice. I want to try it.

OT:
Is it me or does this vid smell like an ad lol?

Yeah lol even if the reactions are real, the music takes it over the top.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah lol even if the reactions are real, the music takes it over the top.
sounds like typical ad music lulz

Go Up