The Anime Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown
Go Down

Dr. Pezus

I gotta get that and Bebop.  Maybe I'll get them at Anime North this year.
There's just something about the director, Watanabe. Kids on the Slope was also great.

Has anyone seen Terror in Resonance (also by Watanabe)?
It's on Netflix apparently! Didn't know about it until now when I looked him up

darkknightkryta

There's just something about the director, Watanabe. Kids on the Slope was also great.

Has anyone seen Terror in Resonance (also by Watanabe)?
It's on Netflix apparently! Didn't know about it until now when I looked him up

Michiko & Hatchin is a good one.  It's not amazing, but it's a decent watch.  The art style, as you can guess, is fantastic.  Very rarely have I seen a woman drawn as sexy as Michiko

the-pi-guy

I finished episode 117 of Naruto.  (Hulu apparently only goes to 117 for dub) Probably the 3rd or 4th time I watched it.  Want to give a little review on it.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br />Characters: <br />There are numerous characters, all of which are different, but the show keeps pointing out their similarities.&nbsp; The similarities between Sasuke and Kakashi, and Sasuke and Orochimaru, Naruto and Jaraiya, etc, etc.&nbsp; There are a lot of different characters, and the show has this basis of that despite the differences there is a lot in common at the same time.&nbsp; It particularly does this through Naruto, where comparisons are made between Naruto and Sasuke, Naruto and Haku.&nbsp; Particularly the theme of loneliness resides strongly throughout many of the characters.&nbsp; On the one hand it gets a little annoying, it is a profound theme, that regardless of differences, we all find ourselves lonely from time to time.&nbsp; I love all the characters, though to varying degrees.&nbsp; <br /><br />Sound:<br />I love the voice acting, though sometimes the music and voices overlap which makes for a minor, but real complaint.&nbsp; <br />The music itself, I love.&nbsp; It's not as epic sounding as the music from Death Note, but I would say that it's far more emotional.&nbsp; So overall, its use is great, and great sounding.&nbsp; The use is where, a certain song would be played to help affect the emotions from a particular scene, and it's done very well.&nbsp; <br /><br />Story continued:<br />The story up to this point in the anime is fantastic, I love the pacing.&nbsp; It's constantly moving and is usually exciting, or emotional.&nbsp; <br /><br />Overall I remember why I want to make a super awesome Naruto RPG. <br />

darkknightkryta

I finished episode 117 of Naruto.  (Hulu apparently only goes to 117 for dub) Probably the 3rd or 4th time I watched it.  Want to give a little review on it.

Spoiler for Hidden:

Characters:
There are numerous characters, all of which are different, but the show keeps pointing out their similarities.  The similarities between Sasuke and Kakashi, and Sasuke and Orochimaru, Naruto and Jaraiya, etc, etc.  There are a lot of different characters, and the show has this basis of that despite the differences there is a lot in common at the same time.  It particularly does this through Naruto, where comparisons are made between Naruto and Sasuke, Naruto and Haku.  Particularly the theme of loneliness resides strongly throughout many of the characters.  On the one hand it gets a little annoying, it is a profound theme, that regardless of differences, we all find ourselves lonely from time to time.  I love all the characters, though to varying degrees. 

Sound:
I love the voice acting, though sometimes the music and voices overlap which makes for a minor, but real complaint. 
The music itself, I love.  It's not as epic sounding as the music from Death Note, but I would say that it's far more emotional.  So overall, its use is great, and great sounding.  The use is where, a certain song would be played to help affect the emotions from a particular scene, and it's done very well. 

Story continued:
The story up to this point in the anime is fantastic, I love the pacing.  It's constantly moving and is usually exciting, or emotional. 

Overall I remember why I want to make a super awesome Naruto RPG.

It was a big theme.  The sorrow and solitude.  Essentially, you'll be sorry if you're lonely.  Thus Naruto tries everything he can to not be lonely.  Works out nicely.  Unless your Sasuke which means you loneliness gets you everything -_-

the-pi-guy

It was a big theme.  The sorrow and solitude.  Essentially, you'll be sorry if you're lonely.  Thus Naruto tries everything he can to not be lonely.  Works out nicely.  Unless your Sasuke which means you loneliness gets you everything -_-

I haven't read/watched the ending yet, but I read something and from the sounds of it, and if I'm wrong about it, please tell me, but don't spoil the ending for me! 
Spoiler for Hidden:
<br />The whole Sasuke thing was turned around pretty quickly.&nbsp; I'm fine with that ending, but it seems like they turned it around too quickly.&nbsp; <br />I'm not sure though.&nbsp; <br />He does all this awful stuff, and they turn it around in a few chapters?&nbsp; Plus there was even something that Naruto said earlier in the anime that &quot;Sasuke, you saw it too.&nbsp; Didn't you?&nbsp; That we are going to fight and one of us is going to die.&quot;&nbsp; Maybe I remember wrong.&nbsp; It's been a long time since I've seen that episode, though I should be seeing it again in a few weeks.&nbsp; <br /><br />I think even when Sasuke left, I felt twisted about it.&nbsp; On the one hand I could see how Naruto and Itachi could push him to leave, and on the other hand it doesn't seem to make sense.&nbsp; The whole series up to that point had a big rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke and I felt they got really close in their way.&nbsp; <br /><br />

darkknightkryta

I haven't read/watched the ending yet, but I read something and from the sounds of it, and if I'm wrong about it, please tell me, but don't spoil the ending for me! 
Spoiler for Hidden:

The whole Sasuke thing was turned around pretty quickly.  I'm fine with that ending, but it seems like they turned it around too quickly. 
I'm not sure though. 
He does all this awful stuff, and they turn it around in a few chapters?  Plus there was even something that Naruto said earlier in the anime that "Sasuke, you saw it too.  Didn't you?  That we are going to fight and one of us is going to die."  Maybe I remember wrong.  It's been a long time since I've seen that episode, though I should be seeing it again in a few weeks. 

I think even when Sasuke left, I felt twisted about it.  On the one hand I could see how Naruto and Itachi could push him to leave, and on the other hand it doesn't seem to make sense.  The whole series up to that point had a big rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke and I felt they got really close in their way. 

Yeah Sasuke doesn't even get a slap on the wrist.  Like, the way I see it, the way Sasuke's character was being built, he literally needed to die.  Or turn him into a true villain where Naruto needed to put him down so to speak.  Instead they just flip flopped through the whole thing.  Funny thing is; Sasuke never truly redeems himself.  A whole lot of non-sense.

Dr. Pezus

Favorite "non-mainstream" anime? (So no FMA, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note etc.)

darkknightkryta

Is the Order a Rabbit?

the-pi-guy

Would Sekirei or Rosario + Vampire count? 

Dr. Pezus

Would Sekirei or Rosario + Vampire count? 
Since I've seen neither: Sure!!!!!!

Is the Order a Rabbit?
Wat?

the-pi-guy

Yeah Sasuke doesn't even get a slap on the wrist.  Like, the way I see it, the way Sasuke's character was being built, he literally needed to die.  Or turn him into a true villain where Naruto needed to put him down so to speak.  Instead they just flip flopped through the whole thing.  Funny thing is; Sasuke never truly redeems himself.  A whole lot of non-sense.

That's what it sounded like to me. 
I mean that can be the ending, but this at the bolded.  Sasuke can come back sure, that'd be great.  Naruto promised that would be what he would do.  But Sasuke needed to do something too.  He did some bad stuff.  The story should have had a turn around arc at the very least. 

the-pi-guy

Since I've seen neither: Sure!!!!!!

Sweet! 

Wat?

It's an anime apparently.  :o

Dr. Pezus

Mine is probably NHK

darkknightkryta

Mar 20, 2015, 03:55 PM Last Edit: Mar 20, 2015, 03:58 PM by darkknightkryta

That's what it sounded like to me. 
I mean that can be the ending, but this at the bolded.  Sasuke can come back sure, that'd be great.  Naruto promised that would be what he would do.  But Sasuke needed to do something too.  He did some bad stuff.  The story should have had a turn around arc at the very least. 

They "tried" but it was more of "see he helped, now forgive him for the iced up things he did" kinda thing.  It was kinda shoved down our throats worse than Roman Reign.  Not once did he ever regret what he did.  I mean, most of the people Naruto "saved" greatly regret their life in a way.  Even Zabuza regretted the way he treated Haku and realized how despicable he was.  Gaara managed to realize there is a point to friends and family, so the way he lived and treated his siblings was wrong.  As such he grew.  etc.  Not Sasuke.  It was more of, they didn't know how to redeem Sasuke and were running out of time.  They kinda wrote themselves into a corner in having to "save" him, but they didn't know how to do it.  Plus the way he just gets off scott free, and gets the "prize".  It was stupid.

Since I've seen neither: Sure!!!!!!Wat?

Exactly :P .  Is the Order a Rabbit is a ... guess a shojo anime.  It's about a bunch of elementary school girls working at a cafe in what looks to be a victorian era looking town.  The town itself is in modern times, but the architecture looks old.  It's a very light hearted, slice of life manga.  Short though, 12 episodes.  I wouldn't call Sekirei non-mainstream.  Rosario Vampire though?  That's a toughie.  The manga is big enough, but the anime really isn't. 

Edit:  I was thinking about it a bit more.  There's a bunch of anime that was big back in the day, but are probably niche now.  For instance, I remember Ouran Host Club was pretty big here.  There were a lot of people cosplaying them, the twins at least.  I even saw a cosplay for them at Fan Expo, which is more or less strictly comics and games.  Now if I were to talk to people about Ouran, I highly doubt anyone would know.  Gundam Wing was huge, not anymore.  Soul Eater, again, lots of cosplays.  Now?  Nothing.

the-pi-guy

Watching Bleach
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 12, 9, 6, I've never had to count this high before, I should be at 10 by now

Go Up