The Anime Thread

Viewing single post

Started by darkknightkryta, May 02, 2014, 09:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you go to conventions?

Linked Events

• Anime North: May 25, 2018, 01:11 AM - May 27, 2018, 01:11 AM End Countdown

the-pi-guy

I finished episode 117 of Naruto.  (Hulu apparently only goes to 117 for dub) Probably the 3rd or 4th time I watched it.  Want to give a little review on it.

Spoiler for Hidden:
<br />Characters: <br />There are numerous characters, all of which are different, but the show keeps pointing out their similarities.&nbsp; The similarities between Sasuke and Kakashi, and Sasuke and Orochimaru, Naruto and Jaraiya, etc, etc.&nbsp; There are a lot of different characters, and the show has this basis of that despite the differences there is a lot in common at the same time.&nbsp; It particularly does this through Naruto, where comparisons are made between Naruto and Sasuke, Naruto and Haku.&nbsp; Particularly the theme of loneliness resides strongly throughout many of the characters.&nbsp; On the one hand it gets a little annoying, it is a profound theme, that regardless of differences, we all find ourselves lonely from time to time.&nbsp; I love all the characters, though to varying degrees.&nbsp; <br /><br />Sound:<br />I love the voice acting, though sometimes the music and voices overlap which makes for a minor, but real complaint.&nbsp; <br />The music itself, I love.&nbsp; It's not as epic sounding as the music from Death Note, but I would say that it's far more emotional.&nbsp; So overall, its use is great, and great sounding.&nbsp; The use is where, a certain song would be played to help affect the emotions from a particular scene, and it's done very well.&nbsp; <br /><br />Story continued:<br />The story up to this point in the anime is fantastic, I love the pacing.&nbsp; It's constantly moving and is usually exciting, or emotional.&nbsp; <br /><br />Overall I remember why I want to make a super awesome Naruto RPG. <br />