The good:

Halo is Fun

The bad:

Melee is broken
Grapple makes hijacking near pointless
Radar is near useless
Lots of funny spawn glitches
Lots of content missing at launch
Progression and microtransactions are some of the worst seen in cosmetic only games

If this is their approach to multiplayer, I'm really losing confidence in the campaign. This is gonna be another Halo 4 or Halo 5 isn't it?

Also I've started my playthrough of Halo 2. It took a sec for me to remember the opening so I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing it almost fresh.

kitler53

by the end of the gen they'll probably have it fixed up.  treat this like an early beta access..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I'm going to say:

343 doesn't really have the best track record for Halo. I have no context for why that is, but critically they're not doing as well.
The Master Chief collection was released with a fair number of issues I guess.  

I can't say for sure, but I feel like they have to be one of the worst managed Microsoft studios.  

Legend

Halo 4: 87, Halo MCC: 85, Halo 5: 84.

Every game has scored lower than the last. So Infinite being below 84 makes sense. At the same time though, I have zero faith in review scores being traditional.

Will the game get a lower score because it's $60 with no multiplayer? Or will they be reviewed as one?

Will reviewers learn from mcc and be more critical? Or will Halo's bad history push an inflated score when it exceeds low expectations?

Dr. Pezus

nnodley

I have no hope for this game, tbh.

Legend

kitler53

there's something to be said about rocket leagues system of choosing a msg from a pick list.  

I mean, you get an occasional toxic PC guy but a vast majority is reasonable and game centric. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

BananaKing

there's something to be said about rocket leagues system of choosing a msg from a pick list.  

I mean, you get an occasional toxic PC guy but a vast majority is reasonable and game centric.
You can still write your own message on console bruh

Legend

I have no hope for this game, tbh.
83 high is risky!!!

I feel my 81 is too harsh unless it has lots of bugs.

nnodley

83 high is risky!!!

I feel my 81 is too harsh unless it has lots of bugs.
Heh. I like to live dangerously.  Not seeing anything about this one that looks great.  Hope i'm wrong though.  

Legend

Heh. I like to live dangerously.  Not seeing anything about this one that looks great.  Hope i'm wrong though.  
Me too. I'm in the middle of replaying Halo 2 and it's just on another level. Such a cool alien universe with fun levels. Really nothing else like it. I'd love for Halo Infinite to recapture a bit of that but I worry it'll just be generic "fear me cause I'm the bad guy" stuff.

I'm excited for the potential of the open world since exploring a Halo ring is hype but I don't have confidence in them pulling it off.

Legend

Legend

Finished Halo 2. What a great great game.

Makes Halo 5 look so stupid. 343 put in 2 new cutscenes to tease Halo 5 and they just feel like a joke. No one cares about that plot.

Arby works because he has a very important arc and he offers something new. Locke however is just another human that does exactly what Masterchief does.

I've yet to reach 4 or 5 so maybe I'll find other things to love, but yeah. Not hyping me for infinite lol.

Legend

Finished Halo 3. It's a much bigger adventure with some real epic moments, but it loses some of the deeper moments compared to Halo 2. I'd rank it lower overall but not by much.

Had some pretty poor writing for a few lines haha.

"They out number us 3 to 1!"
"Good, then it'll be an even fight."

Was very amusing remembering some things but not remembering others. All in all I think I actually remembered Halo 2 better.

Go Up