Inspiration4 safe on Earth

Started by Legend, Sep 15, 2021, 05:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Legend

a problematic but overcomable problem would have been better TV.  seems the writers have no clue how to engage an audience...

...Netflix is soo going to cancel season 2.
There is still time for the aliens to show up.

nnodley

I can't believe also how little press this actually got. This should have been on every news channel and livestreams.  This is absolutely one of the most historic moments for space flight but it got almost no press

kitler53

I can't believe also how little press this actually got. This should have been on every news channel and livestreams.  This is absolutely one of the most historic moments for space flight but it got almost no press
as I understand it, one of the big reasons NASA lost their budget and scaled back on things like moon landings is the public lost interest. 

this isn't topping the list of things I'm excited about either.  wake me up once people are heading to Mars. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

nnodley

as I understand it, one of the big reasons NASA lost their budget and scaled back on things like moon landings is the public lost interest.

this isn't topping the list of things I'm excited about either.  wake me up once people are heading to Mars.

Well yeah in the grand scheme of what elon and many are trying to accomplish this isn't the absolute most exciting, but its a massive leap forward for gaining more accessibility for regular people.

With how the public has been acting lately with covid and everything else going on i'm not surprised most people don't give a shame.  People are too worried about masks and vaccine conspiracies to live in a world where we may be able to travel off this planet.  Let alone the media being pretty shame right now anyway.

Legend

Well yeah in the grand scheme of what elon and many are trying to accomplish this isn't the absolute most exciting, but its a massive leap forward for gaining more accessibility for regular people.

With how the public has been acting lately with covid and everything else going on i'm not surprised most people don't give a shame.  People are too worried about masks and vaccine conspiracies to live in a world where we may be able to travel off this planet.  Let alone the media being pretty shame right now anyway.
I think all of this and kitler's post is true, but a big thing holding this back for general internet news is a pic/gif that sums up the launch. Falcon Heavy had a car in space plus the double landing. This has the largest window in space but they have yet to show people in it.

this isn't topping the list of things I'm excited about either.  wake me up once people are heading to Mars.

Beyond this being a cool mission in itself, it's opening the floodgates for private human launches.

Q4 2021: 4 private people launched to the highest Earth orbit ever.
Q1 2022: 4 private people to the ISS.
Q3 2022: 4 private people to the ISS.

Very quickly this will be almost boring even for space nerds, yet it has been a goal decades in the making. Around 2025 private space stations are expected to start popping up and that'll be incredible.

Legend

Legend

I really hope Tom Cruise's flight is still happening. Was supposed to go up and film a movie but the pandemic put it on pause.

Legend

Legend

Sep 18, 2021, 03:11 PM Last Edit: Sep 18, 2021, 03:17 PM by Legend

They are coming home!

Also a great interview

Dr. Pezus

They are coming home!

Also a great interview

Would be amazing to see in person  :o

Legend

Would be amazing to see in person  :o
In some ways it's even better than the planned Starship window.

Legend

Legend

Legend

Legend

Deorbit finished and good. Nosecone closing now.

Go Up