Cumulative: 5.07 million
LTD: 22.86 million
Forecast: 20.0 million

Software: (units)
This quarter: 24.17 million
Cumulative: 42.13 million
LTD: 111.10 million
Forecast: 100.0 million
(Only counts Digital software that has a retail version)

Nintendo 3DS
Hardware: (units)
This quarter: 0.64 million
Cumulative: 1.0 million
LTD: 73.53 million
Forecast: 4.0 million

Software: (units)
This quarter: 3.32 million
Cumulative: 6.27 million
LTD: 371.16 million
Forecast: 16.0 million

Proportion of Digital Sales this quarter: 26.0%
Cumulative: 25.1%
(※ Proportion of digital sales to total dedicated video game software sales)

Switch Hardware shipments WW LTD: (units)
Japan - 5.52 million
The Americas - 9.13 million
Other - 8.20 million

Switch Hardware shipments WW LTD by %:

Japan - 24%
The Americas - 40%
Other - 36%

Switch

Super Mario Odyssey
Quarter: 1.0 million units
LTD: 12.17 million units

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Quarter: 1.36 million units
LTD: 11.71 million units

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Quarter: 0.96 million units
LTD: 10.28 million units

Splatoon 2
Quarter: 0.71 million units
LTD: 7.47 million units

1-2-Switch
Quarter: 0.19 million units
LTD: 2.64 million units

Mario Tennis Aces
Quarter: 0.78 million units
LTD: 2.16 million units

ARMS
Quarter: 0.09 million units
LTD: 2.10 million units

Kirby Star Allies
Quarter: 0.21 million units
LTD: 2.10 million units

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Quarter: 0.27 million units
LTD: 1.67 million units

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Quarter: 0.11 million units
LTD: 1.53 million units

Even more stats in the era thread Nintendo FY3/2019 2nd Quarter Earnings Release, Supplemental Information & Top Selling Titles | ResetEra

2nd Quarter Earnings Release: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/181030e.pdf

For the six months ended September 30th, 2018:

Net Sales
 Cumulative: ¥388,905 million (~$3.44 billion),
 %4.0 increase YoY

This quarter: ¥220,748 million

Operating Income
 Cumulative: ¥61,405 million (~$544.35 million),
 %53.7 increase YoY

This quarter: ¥30,870 million

Net Profit
 Cumulative: ¥64,576 million (~$572.46 million),
 %25.4 increase YoY

This quarter: ¥33,976 million

Capital Adequacy Ratio: 77.5%

Current Assets: ¥1,377,489 million

Current Liabilities: ¥357,835 million

Cash and deposits:
 ¥659,390 million

Shareholder's equity:
 ¥1,344,265 million

Smart devices, IP related income, etc. (Includes income from smart-device content and royalty income.)
 Cumulative: ¥18,766 million

This quarter: ¥9,669 million

Consolidated Financial Forecast for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2019:

Net sales:
 ¥1,200,000 million
 13.7% increase YoY

Operating profit
 ¥225,000 million
 26.7% increase YoY

Net Profit:
 ¥165,000 million
 18.2% increase YoY

Xevross

Oct 30, 2018, 08:45 AM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018, 09:21 AM by Xevross
So they're 15M short of 20M for the year now. Which would be something like 12/3 or 11/4 for the next two quarters. Basically, they're going to need the biggest holiday quarter that we've seen in a long time, and they need to better PS4's best by a couple million. Not going to be easy.

Edit: Wii's record holiday Q was 11.3M in 2009. They're essentially going to have to match that, seems like a real tough ask to me. If you want any two franchises to get you there though you'd pick pokemon and smash, so we'll see if they can do it.

Kerotan

Good numbers but they'll need smash to push insane numbers this December to achieve their goal.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah no way 20m will happen. Nintendo is always stubborn with revising forecasts

the-pi-guy

Yeah no way 20m will happen. Nintendo is always stubborn with revising forecasts
They're probably hoping that Pokemon and  Smash will be massive.  

Legend

What did it manage last holiday?

Strong sales. Nice to see Nintendo fighting for first place again.

kitler53

the biggest difference was last year switch stock was pretty tight heading into the holiday with only a marginal difference between shipped and sold.  this year stock is plentiful (like normal levels of plentiful not channel stuffing levels).  

to be mostly "even" with last years shipment isn't really a great place.  it's not bad but it shows a lack of strength too.  last year switch did 7 million in the holiday.  i expect it to perform pretty much flat with that this holiday.  to me switch is on track for 16 million for the year.  or put another way,.. even-ish with ps4 launch aligned.    i see no reason to believe otherwise from any data i've seen.

What did it manage last holiday?

Strong sales. Nice to see Nintendo fighting for first place again.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Kerotan

the biggest difference was last year switch stock was pretty tight heading into the holiday with only a marginal difference between shipped and sold.  this year stock is plentiful (like normal levels of plentiful not channel stuffing levels).  

to be mostly "even" with last years shipment isn't really a great place.  it's not bad but it shows a lack of strength too.  last year switch did 7 million in the holiday.  i expect it to perform pretty much flat with that this holiday.  to me switch is on track for 16 million for the year.  or put another way,.. even-ish with ps4 launch aligned.    i see no reason to believe otherwise from any data i've seen.
What big system sellers launched last holiday?

Cute Pikachu

@kitler

Uhh Smash and Pokémon will gurantee a large increase the question is how large.
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Xevross

What big system sellers launched last holiday?
Super Mario Odyssey was the only one, but it was big.

No way its only flat YOY. This year they'll actually have price cuts, and obviously pokemon and smash too.

BananaKing

@kitler

Uhh Smash and Pokémon will gurantee a large increase the question is how large.
It's crazy to think that it will do 20 million. It basically needs an 11/12 million holiday which is not going to happen.

How much do people think smash is going to sell in its 4 weeks in the current year? Pokémon will shift units but it's not a mainline and the hype for it doesn't seem massive.

Are people expecting Smash to move 1.5-2 million per week? Because that's what it needs to do to achieve the kind of bump it needs for the switch to sell 11 million, assuming it can sell 3-5 million in October and November. I just don't see it happening.

Xevross

It's crazy to think that it will do 20 million. It basically needs an 11/12 million holiday which is not going to happen.

How much do people think smash is going to sell in its 4 weeks in the current year? Pokémon will shift units but it's not a mainline and the hype for it doesn't seem massive.

Are people expecting Smash to move 1.5-2 million per week? Because that's what it needs to do to achieve the kind of bump it needs for the switch to sell 11 million, assuming it can sell 3-5 million in October and November. I just don't see it happening.
I'm definitely not ruling out a 11/12m holiday, we have no idea what Nintendo is going to do to try and push it. I'm personally expecting something like 9m and for it to do 17-18m for the year but who knows what's going to happen. Smash will sell at least 5m for sure, probably something like 6-7m. Pokemon will still sell very well too despite it not sounding too hot right now.

Kerotan

I'm definitely not ruling out a 11/12m holiday, we have no idea what Nintendo is going to do to try and push it. I'm personally expecting something like 9m and for it to do 17-18m for the year but who knows what's going to happen. Smash will sell at least 5m for sure, probably something like 6-7m. Pokemon will still sell very well too despite it not sounding too hot right now.
I just can't see switch doing mega numbers in November which would leave too much for smash and the holidays to-do.