General Politics Thread

Started by the-pi-guy, Jun 08, 2017, 12:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

I don't understand why some people vote so early though. New events could change your mind yet you wouldn't be able to change your vote.

Will be interesting to see how things go.

the-pi-guy

I don't understand why some people vote so early though. New events could change your mind yet you wouldn't be able to change your vote.

Will be interesting to see how things go.
Well some people vote early because they aren't able to vote on election day.  
I know I missed voting one day earlier this year.  

Legend

Well some people vote early because they aren't able to vote on election day.  
I know I missed voting one day earlier this year.  
Early voting is great. Colorado has had early voting open since 2 weeks ago though. Some people definitely need those 2 weeks but it feels like there is an unnecessary push to get people to vote as early as possible.

Xevross

Yeah if I knew that I was able to vote on election day then I'd wait until then, unless my mind was fully made up on the entire ballot.

the-pi-guy

Early voting is great. Colorado has had early voting open since 2 weeks ago though. Some people definitely need those 2 weeks but it feels like there is an unnecessary push to get people to vote as early as possible.
I think a lot of it is just excitement about people motivated to vote.  

These numbers are crazy:

Legend

Wonder if voters voting today will also be up by a large amount or if people have just shifted dates.

Xevross

Wonder if voters voting today will also be up by a large amount or if people have just shifted dates.
Seems like voting is up a lot today as well.

Legend

Seems like voting is up a lot today as well.
How much do people over there care about this election? Is it a big media event for you too?

Xevross

How much do people over there care about this election? Is it a big media event for you too?
It's the main news story but I don't think the general population cares that much.

the-pi-guy

So in about 3 hours we'll start to get some of the first results from Indiana, East Kentucky.

4 hours till Vermont, New Hampshire, Virginia, Georgia, South Carolina, the rest of Kentucky and Indiana.  

Xevross

Kentucky 6 is the one to watch at 6pm, that's the first toss up.

the-pi-guy

It seems weird that Sheriff is something that we vote for.

Xevross

Kentucky 6 is the one to watch at 6pm, that's the first toss up.
40% of votes in and its D+6.1. Looking good so far.

Legend

It seems weird that Sheriff is something that we vote for.
Well we also vote for coroner. That is the one that seems really out of place.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Republican kept the Senate. House looks to flip buy a small margin. We might have a balanced government. Im not sure the when was the last time that happened.

Go Up