PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

I dont understand why sony won't monetize this. Keep adding updates and improvements. fudge cosmetics i never buy them. So add microtransactions there. For continued support thats worth it for me
Yeah very odd, people would always be upset with MTX but honestly if I had payed like £20 for this as a DLC I'd still be super happy with it. Its as good an added on multiplayer mode as any game like Uncharted or Assassin's Creed ever did, perhaps better.

the-pi-guy

kitler53

omg guys.   

want to feel really, really good about your ps4?   try plugging your ps3 back in...

with the news that ps3 games are no longer going to be on the web psn store i decided i should fire up my ps3 and review what psn games i have downloaded.  i wanted to make sure at the very least i had all the ratchet and clank games on my HDD along with puppeteer.   omg the Ux is soo bad and soo slow.   

- going the psn store via ps3 took about a minute to launch
- navigating the "download" list of literally thousands of stupid things like episodes of "Qore" while trying to find the games i wanted
- trying to "download in background" and literally having a 4 minute process bar to just push the download to the background?!?!
- ...only to wake up this morning to find only 1 game actually downloaded before the ps3 decided to "corrupt" my internet connection forcing me to reboot the system this morning.

and dear god are the download speeds horrible.   one would think this wouldn't have gotten better on ps4 but some of the games i'm downloading are only about 3Gb and are taking longer to download than games on ps4 that are 20 Gb.

i loved this system.  if fudgy hate this system.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

omg guys.   

want to feel really, really good about your ps4?   try plugging your ps3 back in...

with the news that ps3 games are no longer going to be on the web psn store i decided i should fire up my ps3 and review what psn games i have downloaded.  i wanted to make sure at the very least i had all the ratchet and clank games on my HDD along with puppeteer.   omg the Ux is soo bad and soo slow.   

- navigating the "download" list of literally thousands of stupid things like episodes of "Qore" while trying to find the games i wanted
- trying to "download in background" and literally having a 4 minute process bar to just push the download to the background?!?!
- ...only to wake up this morning to find only 1 game actually downloaded before the ps3 decided to "corrupt" my internet connection forcing me to reboot the system this morning.

and dear god are the download speeds horrible.   one would think this wouldn't have gotten better on ps4 but some of the games i'm downloading are only about 3Gb and are taking longer to download than games on ps4 that are 20 Gb.

i loved this system.  if fudgy hate this system.
oh god.  i forget about the "installation" progress bar.  i'm installing playstation all-stars right now.  looks 6% installed after 2 minutes.   so i should be done after a 30 minute install...

kitler53

oh god.  i forget about the "installation" progress bar.  i'm installing playstation all-stars right now.  looks 6% installed after 2 minutes.   so i should be done after a 30 minute install...
Checks timestamp:

9:44 - 9:15 = 29 minute installation.   + the 2 minutes from before i posted so 31 minutes...

the-pi-guy

Spiderman has a crazy install time. Think that was 30-40 minutes.  

Most games are so good about this though.  I put Spiderman in and I realized how few install screens I've seen this gen.

Xevross

Its a really nicely designed theme, I just installed and think I'll probably keep it on my PS4.

the-pi-guy

Its a really nicely designed theme, I just installed and think I'll probably keep it on my PS4.
Pretty clean design and awesome for Sony to put this up as their morning tweet.

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/1-second-from-games-thats-defined-the-ps4-generation.309112/page-3#post-48906934

Quote from: SolidSnakex, post: 48906934, member: 4183
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Warframe
Don't Starve
Outlast
Rayman Legends
inFamous Second Son
Final Fantasy XIV (?)
Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
The Last of Us Remastered
Diablo 3
Destiny
Shadow of Mordor
Minecraft
Alien: Isolation
DRIVECLUB
The Evil Within
The Binding of Isaac
GTAV
LittleBigPlanet 3
Far Cry 4
Dragon Age: Inquistion
?
Life is Strange
The Order 1886
Hotline Miami
Bloodborne
MKX
Shovel Knight
The Witcher 3
Batman: Arkham Knight
Rocket League
Everybody's Gone to Rapture
Until Dawn
Tearaway
PES
MGSV: TPP
NBA2K
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Fallout 4
Battlefront
Rainbow Six Siege (?)
Just Cause 3
The Banner Saga (?)
?
Lego Marvel's Avengers
The Witness
Firewatch
Gone Home
Street Fighter V
Hitman
UFC
?
Dirt Rally
Castle Crashers (?)
Dark Souls 3
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted 4
DOOM
Hyper Light Drifter
Abzu
Batman: The Telltale Series
Overcooked
No Man's Sky
Grow Home
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Inside
Madden
FIFA
?
?
Dragon Quest Builders
Battlefield 1
Skyrim
Titanfall
CoD Modern Warfare Remastered
Dishonered
Watch Dogs 2
FFXV
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Yakuza 0
RE7
Nioh
For Honor
Horizon
Nier Automata
Persona 5
Parappa the Rapper
What Remains of Edith Finch
Little Nightmares
?
?
Loco Roco
Injustice
Friday the 13th
Rime
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Tekken 7
Wipeout
Elite Dangerous
Crash Bandicoot
Superhot
Hellblade
Undertale
Sonic Mania
?
F1
?
Hot Shots Golf
Fornite
Danganronpa
GT Sport
Wolfenstein
The Sims
Gang Beasts
Celeste
Monster Hunter World
DB Fighterz
Shadow of the Colossus
Kingdom Come (?)
Moss
Ni no Kuni 2
A Way Out
Far Cry 5
Yakuza 6
GoW
Detroit
Jurassic World Evolution
Dead Cells
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Guacamelee
?
DQXI
Spider-Man
Hollow Knight
Astro Bot
AC Odyssey
Soulcalibur 6
RDR2
Tetris Effect
Spyro
Ace Combat 7
RE2Remake
Kingdom Heats 3
Apex Legends
?
DMCV
The Division
Sekiro
Ace Attorney
Days Gone
A Plague Tale
Beat Saber
Blood and Truth
?
Bloodstained
Crash Team Racing
Judgment
Erica
Control
Borderlands 3
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Concrete Genie
Medievil
Death Stranding
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
CoD MW (2019)
?
Dreams
RE3Remake
FF7R
Predator
Streets of Rage 4
TLoU Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Cuphead
Fall Guys
THPS 1+2
Spelunky 2
Hitman Remastered
Crash 4
SW Squadrons

darkknightkryta

omg guys.   

want to feel really, really good about your ps4?   try plugging your ps3 back in...

with the news that ps3 games are no longer going to be on the web psn store i decided i should fire up my ps3 and review what psn games i have downloaded.  i wanted to make sure at the very least i had all the ratchet and clank games on my HDD along with puppeteer.   omg the Ux is soo bad and soo slow.   

and dear god are the download speeds horrible.   one would think this wouldn't have gotten better on ps4 but some of the games i'm downloading are only about 3Gb and are taking longer to download than games on ps4 that are 20 Gb.

i loved this system.  if fudgy hate this system.
To be honest, Sony killed the playstation store like 5 years ago.  It was better at launch (Even compared to the PS4 store).  I don't know why it's a thing to trade organization and usability, for whatever mess the web is today.  Everything used to be so organized.

Slow download speeds is because of some... I can't remember what it's called, but they programmed downloads in a way to not affect the download speeds of other stuff.  Like, the PS3 could use all of your available bandwidth.

kitler53

To be honest, Sony killed the playstation store like 5 years ago.  It was better at launch (Even compared to the PS4 store).  I don't know why it's a thing to trade organization and usability, for whatever mess the web is today.  Everything used to be so organized.

Slow download speeds is because of some... I can't remember what it's called, but they programmed downloads in a way to not affect the download speeds of other stuff.  Like, the PS3 could use all of your available bandwidth.
i like the web version better than any other verzion.

...but generally speaking i think all online market places suck.   not just playstation store,..  amazon.  target.  walmart.  food network.  netflix.    

too much focus on "what's new", "what's trending", or shame people paid us to put in front of your face.  these market places are great if you know exactly what you want and can search for it but if you want to browse or discover something they are impossible to navigate.     ...also i have no idea why amazon puts sooo much focus and telling me that maybe i want the thing i just purchased.   having just purchased it,.. its about the last thing in he world i want right now.

kitler53

anyways, since you are all clearly at the edge of your seat in anticipation of this:

i finished downloading stuff to my ps3.  i left my system in the state of having deleted all the games i had played (the good games) and had a big backlog of game i hadn't gotten to yet (the bad games).   I now have a harddrive full of the best ps3 games i purchased digitally:

- every ratchet and clank game
- puppeteer
- sly coopers 
- lbp and racing
- ps3's best psn games like journey, flower, unfinished swan, pixal junk shooter 1 and 2 and eden, echochrome, swapper, ect.
- my favorite ps vita games that just happened to be cross buy like rough legacy, stealth 1 and 2, kyntt underground, teslagrad
- and a few other random games i might play just because i have a six year old son like the simpson's arcade game.

it took 2 full days to delete and download everything.   i feel like i hate my ps3 now.   but at least i have preserved access to all my best digital games. 

the-pi-guy

2006 Resistance: Fall of Man
2007 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
2008 Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Resistance 2
2009 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
2011 Resistance 3
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

I never realized how many games they made for PS3.

Im betting we will see another game from them by 2022

BananaKing

Ratchet and clank remake.
Sunset overdrive
Spiderman
Spiderman miles morales

Thats just this gen

You also forgot the 2013 ratchet game

Dr. Pezus

Ratchet and clank remake.
Sunset overdrive
Spiderman