RPG Thread

Started by darkknightkryta, May 03, 2014, 02:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BasilZero

I will then. Which is better 2 or 1?

Both are great.

Although 2 has a far superior gameplay style/mechanics but part 1 has that magical feel to it since it was a fresh new experience.

I recommend playing both which can easily be done with KH 1.5 HD Remix and KH 2.5 HD Remix.

darkknightkryta

Depends.  Kingdom Hearts 1 had a bit more strategy to their gameplay mechanics.  It was worth using everything at your disposal.  Kingdom Hearts 2 kinda killed summons, maybe even magic (I can't recall).  I found the story more heart felt in 2.

BasilZero

Depends.  Kingdom Hearts 1 had a bit more strategy to their gameplay mechanics.  It was worth using everything at your disposal.  Kingdom Hearts 2 kinda killed summons, maybe even magic (I can't recall).  I found the story more heart felt in 2.

iuno - the summons were pretty whack in both games to the point I barely used any except for testing purposes to see how they were lol. Magic wise - you can survive the entire game for both games without much magic use (offensively speaking) - the only main magic I've used for both games were Cure along side Aero (the shield spell). KH1 although required you use certain spells to open up passages (in the traverse town districts) and to attack those mushroom heartless to gain specific items to create accessories and stuff.

But ya, KH2's gameplay expanded due to the forms, Quick action events, and with the addition of a huge arsenal of skills/techniques the player could use depending on what they have equipped, etc.

I also found the accessory system to be more worthwhile in KH1 as it was more beneficial than KH2 where it felt like it was something that was super minor.

darkknightkryta

iuno - the summons were pretty whack in both games to the point I barely used any except for testing purposes to see how they were lol. Magic wise - you can survive the entire game for both games without much magic use (offensively speaking) - the only main magic I've used for both games were Cure along side Aero (the shield spell). KH1 although required you use certain spells to open up passages (in the traverse town districts) and to attack those mushroom heartless to gain specific items to create accessories and stuff.

But ya, KH2's gameplay expanded due to the forms, Quick action events, and with the addition of a huge arsenal of skills/techniques the player could use depending on what they have equipped, etc.

I also found the accessory system to be more worthwhile in KH1 as it was more beneficial than KH2 where it felt like it was something that was super minor.

What I was getting at is everything was useful in the first Kingdom Hearts. I always summoned, used magic, etc. They added so much to Kingdom Hearts 2 that it made some useless. But who know, I started Kingdom Hearts 2 on proud mode. Maybe that made me have to focus my attacks.

Ludicrous Speed

Anyone play Lords of Fallen? It's supposedly going on a massive sale soon and it's been ages since I played an RPG so I was thinking about picking it up.

FLGibsonIII

Anyone play Lords of Fallen? It's supposedly going on a massive sale soon and it's been ages since I played an RPG so I was thinking about picking it up.

I'm interested in that too. Where is it supposed to go on sale?
All aboard the hype train.

Dr. Pezus

Steam/PSN/XBL or everywhere or what?
Well it's supposedly a bit like the Souls games

Ludicrous Speed

Apparently it is going to be on XBL's "Ultimate Game Sale" starting Wednesday. Though some of the prices make me think it's not confirmed. But there were pictures.

Maybe it's going on sale on PSN as well.

DrakeSnake

Lords of Fallen imagine a souls game with a less interesting world/lore some bad voice acting and texture pop-in with a healthy among of frame rate drop.Also the fact thats its comparatively short for an rpg. But the gameplay is really solid it feels a lot faster then watching gameplay footage of the game or watching someone else play it.

darkknightkryta

Lords of Fallen imagine a souls game with a less interesting world/lore some bad voice acting and texture pop-in with a healthy among of frame rate drop.Also the fact thats its comparatively short for an rpg. But the gameplay is really solid it feels a lot faster then watching gameplay footage of the game or watching someone else play it.

If it's 15 hours then I think it's just right.

DrakeSnake

If it's 15 hours then I think it's just right.
Yeah, i kind of expected it to be a lot longer, but oh well looking back before the game got release the developer was asked how long will the game be. He's responds was "infinite hours" that always crack me up. lol

BasilZero

Feb 17, 2015, 12:43 AM Last Edit: Feb 17, 2015, 11:42 PM by BasilZero

What I was getting at is everything was useful in the first Kingdom Hearts. I always summoned, used magic, etc. They added so much to Kingdom Hearts 2 that it made some useless. But who know, I started Kingdom Hearts 2 on proud mode. Maybe that made me have to focus my attacks.

I'm gonna do a KH marathon once I'm done with Pokemon Omega Ruby!

Marathon with KH 1.5, 2.5 and 3D.

darkknightkryta

Maraton with KH 1.5, 2.5 and 3D.

Good luck with that :P

the-pi-guy

Maraton with KH 1.5, 2.5 and 3D.

What's a Maraton? 

the-pi-guy

I need to get back to KH. 

Go Up