Gamestop gets digital revenue from Xbox's sold

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 14, 2020, 03:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gamestop-will-get-downstream-revenue-from-digital-downloads-content-on-each-xbox-sold.306212/

Legend

That's a really cool and interesting deal. Great way to make gamestop push the system.

kitler53

Oct 14, 2020, 04:19 PM Last Edit: Oct 14, 2020, 04:21 PM by kitler53
personally i find this deal to be kind of dirty.   i highly doubt gamestop will disclose to each customer that their recommendation to buy xbox isn't because it is the system the customer really wants but the system gamestop profits most from.

legal i'm sure.  but much of what corporations do is pretty immoral to me even when legal.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

personally i find this deal to be kind of dirty.   i highly doubt gamestop will discuss to each customer that their recommendation to buy xbox isn't because it is the system the customer really wants but the system gamestop profits most from.

legal i'm sure.  but much of what corporations do is pretty immoral to me even when legal.
Yeah this stinks and is weird by xbox anyway, I doubt this will change sales much it just feels like they're throwing money away from their own perspective.

the-pi-guy

personally i find this deal to be kind of dirty.   i highly doubt gamestop will discuss to each customer that their recommendation to buy xbox isn't because it is the system the customer really wants but the system gamestop profits most from.

legal i'm sure.  but much of what corporations do is pretty immoral to me even when legal.
Yep.  

I do wonder if Sony will try making similar deals now.

kitler53

Yeah this stinks and is weird by xbox anyway, I doubt this will change sales much it just feels like they're throwing money away from their own perspective.
perhaps not.   gamestop pushes xbox massively for 1 year than goes bankrupt anyways and xbox no longer has to play gamestop...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

perhaps not.   gamestop pushes xbox massively for 1 year than goes bankrupt anyways and xbox no longer has to play gamestop...
That's a bold strategy Cotton.

Legend

personally i find this deal to be kind of dirty.   i highly doubt gamestop will disclose to each customer that their recommendation to buy xbox isn't because it is the system the customer really wants but the system gamestop profits most from.

That's been how gamestop operates for years. Every employee is heavily incentivised to push certain products and they get in trouble if they don't reach quotas.