Omni One

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 09, 2020, 05:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

kitler53

i'll bet it is really awesome for 10 minutes and then just exhausting.  i'd never buy one for myself but i'd love to try one at a carnival or arcade.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

When I was a kid I imagined this is what futuristic gaming would be.

Dr. Pezus

i'll bet it is really awesome for 10 minutes and then just exhausting.  i'd never buy one for myself but i'd love to try one at a carnival or arcade.
I mean it's good for your health!

kitler53

I mean it's good for your health!
absolutely, but...

https://www.hhs.gov/fitness/be-active/physical-activity-guidelines-for-americans/index.html#:~:text=For%20substantial%20health%20benefits%2C%20adults,or%20an%20equivalent%20combination%20of

For substantial health benefits, adults should do at least 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) to 300 minutes (5 hours) a week of moderate-intensity, or 75 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes) to 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) a week of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity, or an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic activity. Preferably, aerobic activity should be spread throughout the week.

When i game i can game for 3-4 hours in a sitting.  i'd never be able to use this for that kind of time.  20 minutes and i'll be exhausted.  i've got no problem with the idea of fitness video games but i'm not interested in every game being a fitness video game.

plus if you've played enough VR you'll know that sweating while wearing a VR head set:
1. really gross
2. fogs up the lens making play impossible

Dr. Pezus

Oct 09, 2020, 06:57 PM Last Edit: Oct 09, 2020, 06:59 PM by Dr. Pezus
absolutely, but...

https://www.hhs.gov/fitness/be-active/physical-activity-guidelines-for-americans/index.html#:~:text=For%20substantial%20health%20benefits%2C%20adults,or%20an%20equivalent%20combination%20of

When i game i can game for 3-4 hours in a sitting.  i'd never be able to use this for that kind of time.  20 minutes and i'll be exhausted.  i've got no problem with the idea of fitness video games but i'm not interested in every game being a fitness video game.

plus if you've played enough VR you'll know that sweating while wearing a VR head set:
1. really gross
2. fogs up the lens making play impossible

Well gaming for long periods of time isn't recommended either so just game for an hour and you're good.

Also, that's the minimum of active minutes that are recommended.

kitler53

Well gaming for long periods of time isn't recommended either so just game for an hour and you're good.

Also, that's the minimum of active minutes that are recommended.

Dr. Pezus

I rarely game for more than 1-2 hours at a time these days  ::)

Xevross

I rarely game for more than 1-2 hours at a time these days  ::)
Having a busy life isn't worth it! So many of y'all got so much stuff going on it's crazy.

Dr. Pezus

Having a busy life isn't worth it! So many of y'all got so much stuff going on it's crazy.
Well it's that and when I do have more time I want to do something else too. Watching TV takes less effort for example  ;D

kitler53

Well it's that and when I do have more time I want to do something else too. Watching TV takes less effort for example  ;D
i've never been a big tv watcher but these days i'm watching a ton more.   everything everywhere is exhausting these days.   sometimes i just can't take the added stress of your typical ps4/xbox game.   i don't really want a nintendo system but i kinda do just for better options for low stress gaming.

nnodley

this is true. I'm hoping to just be crazy busy now so a couple years down the line i have lots of investments that bring in passive cash flow so i don't have to be as busy.

Xevross

this is true. I'm hoping to just be crazy busy now so a couple years down the line i have lots of investments that bring in passive cash flow so i don't have to be as busy.
Yeah I guess that's a good strategy if you don't mind being so busy right now. I don't think I could ever manage being super busy on big overtime hours, I'm not even good at making it through a 40 hour week of work.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I guess that's a good strategy if you don't mind being so busy right now. I don't think I could ever manage being super busy on big overtime hours, I'm not even good at making it through a 40 hour week of work.
*laughs*
Overtime is mandatory for us