Should Microsoft buy Star Citizen?

Started by Legend, Oct 08, 2020, 11:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Game is never coming out. Microsoft could take over, release it in a couple years, and have a huge platform exclusive.

kitler53

is development that bad?

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

is development that bad?

Yeah. They have money coming in but it's crazy how little comes out.

kitler53

Yeah. They have money coming in but it's crazy how little comes out.
we'll the thing that is annoying about bethesda is the huge amount of well known franchises that have a long history of being multiplat. 

star citizen was never going to be on playstation. if ms thinks they can leverage it to their advantage I say all the more power to them. 

Legend

we'll the thing that is annoying about bethesda is the huge amount of well known franchises that have a long history of being multiplat.

star citizen was never going to be on playstation. if ms thinks they can leverage it to their advantage I say all the more power to them.
I'd just like anyone to come in and get it released.

I bought this game 5 years ago...

kitler53

I'd just like anyone to come in and get it released.

I bought this game 5 years ago...
isn't it playable right now?

Legend

isn't it playable right now?
Public alpha with lots of glitches.

kitler53

Public alpha with lots of glitches.
if i'm not mistaken this was a kickstarter game.  kind of have to accept the risk if you are going to buy a game before development has even started...

Legend

if i'm not mistaken this was a kickstarter game.  kind of have to accept the risk if you are going to buy a game before development has even started...
The kickstarter was in 2013. By the time I jumped in, the alpha was already extremely fun.

They have a huge amount of game developed. They just need a manager that can enforce deadlines.