Xbox Series Launch Lineup & Upcoming Exclusives - Confirmed and Possible

Started by Xevross, Sep 17, 2020, 11:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xevross

Like the PS5 list I'm gonna keep this list updated, let me know if I'm missing anything or if there's any errors. Brackets specify publisher followed by platforms for titles with any exclusivity. If there's no brackets or other platforms listed then the game is available everywhere.

Confirmed Launch XS Games:

• Tetris Effect Connected (indie) Also on XB1, PC and PS4, PS5 summer 2021
  • The Falconeer (Wired Productions) Also on XB1, PC
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon (Sega) Also on PS4, XB1, PC then PS5 at a later date
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition (Capcom) Also on PS5
  • Dirt 5
  • AC Valhalla
  • Watch Dogs Legion
  • Destiny 2
  • NBA 2K21
  • Just Dance 2021
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War *13th Nov 3 days after launch
  • Observer System Redux
  • Man Eater
  • Marvel's Avengers
  • Selection of next gen upgrades from microsoft, including: Gears 5, FH4, Ori, Gears Tactics, Sea of Thieves, Tell Me Why, The Outer Worlds
  • Backwards compatibility with all XB1 titles and select Xbox and 360 titles

Confirmed Holiday XS Games:

• The Medium (Bloober Team) Also on PC (Dec 10th)
  • Borderlands 3 Next Gen Upgrade
  • Chivalry 2
  • Crossfire X (Remedy) Also on XB1
  • Dragon Quest XI S
  • Planet Coaster Console Edition
  • The Ascent (Curve Digital) Also on XB1, PC
  • Exo One (indie) Also on PC
  • Madden 21
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Fifa 21

Exclusive titled Beyond Holiday:

• As Dusk Falls (Microsoft) Also on XB1, PC
  • Avowed (Microsoft) Also on PC
  • Echo generation (cococumber) Also on XB1, PC
  • Everwild (Microsoft) Also on PC
  • Exomecha (Twisted Red) Also on XB1, PC
  • Scorn (Ebb Software) Also on PC *note might be a launch title some sites are saying it is but there's no official date announced at all
  • Fable (Microsoft) Also on PC
  • Forza Motorsport (Microsoft) Also on PC
  • Halo Infinite (Microsoft) Also on XB1, PC
  • Psychonauts 2 (Microsoft) Also on PS4, XB1, PC
  • State of Decay 3 (Microsoft) Also on PC
  • Hellblade 2 (Mircosoft) Also on PC

Number of confirmed full exclusives: 0
Number of confirmed XB1 & XS only: 1
Number of confirmed XS & PC only: 8
Number of confirmed XB1, XS & PC only: 5
Total announced new titles with level of exclusivity: 14

Xevross

Oct 09, 2020, 11:45 AM Last Edit: Oct 09, 2020, 11:52 AM by Xevross
The Medium confirmed not to be a launch title, surprisingly: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-medium-release-date-is-december-10-xbox-series-x-s-pc.303158/

Feels weird that its not really being talked about, Series X launch lineup is possibly one of the worst ever. They have pretty much nothing exclusive to next gen or even to xbox. Its all third parties that will be available everywhere else this holiday as well.

Legend

So they have zero launch games?

Or I guess Valhala and Yakuza are the only ones that launch that day?

kitler53

they entire marketing strategy to date has been BC and frame rates.   

well,.. ori will be playable at 120 fps.  what more does an xbox fan want?   

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xevross

Well you can check the OP for confirmed launch day games!

nnodley

The Medium confirmed not to be a launch title, surprisingly: https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-medium-release-date-is-december-10-xbox-series-x-s-pc.303158/

Feels weird that its not really being talked about, Series X launch lineup is possibly one of the worst ever. They have pretty much nothing exclusive to next gen or even to xbox. Its all third parties that will be available everywhere else this holiday as well.
yeah not sure it will be worth me keeping my series X preorder, but i have gamepass ultimate so i can play tons of back compatible games i guess on it with really solid performance.

the-pi-guy

Right now I'm pretty set on getting a Series X, when Avowed or something from BGS comes. I'll wait 2-3 years probably.

Xevross

yeah not sure it will be worth me keeping my series X preorder, but i have gamepass ultimate so i can play tons of back compatible games i guess on it with really solid performance.
For sure there's still going to be a lot of games available to play on it, its just doing absolutely nothing to convince people to buy it at launch when they already have a console or are getting a PS5 as well.

Legend

Well you can check the OP for confirmed launch day games!
I'm trying to think of which games are "new" for launch day. So no special editions and no multiplats that were already out on current gen.

Xevross

I'm trying to think of which games are "new" for launch day. So no special editions and no multiplats that were already out on current gen.
Oh I see, then yes I think that's correct. COD comes out 3 days after launch as well.

Dr. Pezus

Digital foundry just did a video about the best expandable ssd for Xbox Series, only they could just test backwards compatible games  ::)

Xevross

Did some digging and found out The Falconeer launches with the console and also comes to XB1 and PC. Seems like a fun little indie game, there might be more like that.

kitler53

i'm getting really annoyed that xbox hasn't confirmed if Legend's dinner is BC on series x.  sony really dropped the ball on this one and i see this as a key advantage for xbox as a way to distinguish the vastly superior commitment to BC.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens