Video Game Sales Thread

Started by Xevross, Aug 14, 2014, 02:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Final Crucible Developer Update - News | Crucible

Amazon is shutting down Crucible after its launch in July. Had already "delaunched" and gone back into beta. Hopefully new world sells better.

Xevross

Final Crucible Developer Update - News | Crucible

Amazon is shutting down Crucible after its launch in July. Had already "delaunched" and gone back into beta. Hopefully new world sells better.
That's so hilarious but terrible. I don't understand what happened here at all, amazon just didn't advertise this game and let it die despite them owning twitch. The first a lot of people heard about it was the news it was being delaunched.

the-pi-guy

This is why Amazon isn't going to succeed. They don't care.

Xevross

Impressive performance from Genshin Impact. Anyone here playing it or interested in it? I might check it out.

Legend

Impressive performance from Genshin Impact. Anyone here playing it or interested in it? I might check it out.
I'll take a look at the graphics.

Dr. Pezus

Got a breath of the Wild vibe from it but I only saw 20 mins

Xevross

FIFA physical sales continue to fall sharply | UK Boxed Charts | GamesIndustry.biz

Fifa continues its sharp physical decline, down 43% from last year in the UK.

Only a few years ago fifa was hitting 1 million physical sales in its first week, last year was still 579k which is bigger than any other franchise launch in this generation except RDR2. Now its down to a 336k physical launch, which is much closer to "normal" numbers. 336k physical launch is still huge, clearly the biggest launch so far this year beating TLOU2's 194k and only smaller than COD and fifa from last year.

Dr. Pezus

FIFA physical sales continue to fall sharply | UK Boxed Charts | GamesIndustry.biz

Fifa continues its sharp physical decline, down 43% from last year in the UK.

Only a few years ago fifa was hitting 1 million physical sales in its first week, last year was still 579k which is bigger than any other franchise launch in this generation except RDR2. Now its down to a 336k physical launch, which is much closer to "normal" numbers. 336k physical launch is still huge, clearly the biggest launch so far this year beating TLOU2's 194k and only smaller than COD and fifa from last year.
Good. They've been getting worse with less and less effort

Xevross

Good. They've been getting worse with less and less effort
Yes I think the decline has been roughly in line with digital increasing but this year that's a big drop in physical, could well be a decline overall.

It deserves to be selling less but its insane how many people keep buying it every year.

kitler53

Yes I think the decline has been roughly in line with digital increasing but this year that's a big drop in physical, could well be a decline overall.

It deserves to be selling less but its insane how many people keep buying it every year.
i mean, according to that one chart from sony all physical is in steep decline this year and all digital is in huge growth this year.   i'm not sure you can say too much from just the physical sales knowing that with covid-19 the consumer behavior has changed soo much.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Dr. Pezus

How the "legacy" Switch version doesn't get more attention is beyond me. They've made ZERO changes 2 years in a row except for menus and player updates.

Ign gave it 2/10 for that, at least. People will still buy it, sadly.

Xevross

How the "legacy" Switch version doesn't get more attention is beyond me. They've made ZERO changes 2 years in a row except for menus and player updates.

Ign gave it 2/10 for that, at least. People will still buy it, sadly.
Well Switch accounted for only 2% of the sales in the UK and its probably got the lowest digital ratio too, there's not many people buying it.

Xevross

Soft opening week for Watch Dogs Legion and Pikmin 3  | UK Physical Charts | GamesIndustry.biz

Watch Dogs Legion physical 46% of Watch Dogs 2 launch and less than Fifa's 4th week. That's okay, with next gen and digital to consider it seems the game will be successful at least, perhaps its just not setting the world on fire.

UK physical debut estimates:

Watch Dogs ~380k
Watch Dogs 2 77k
Watch Dogs Legion 36k

Worth noting that the second game launched the week before black friday and its second week was bigger than its first.

Legend

First Watch Dogs had a huge "organic" following thanks to its e3 demos and next gen hype. I can't imagine the franchise getting another entry after legion unless next gen sales carry it.

kitler53

First Watch Dogs had a huge "organic" following thanks to its e3 demos and next gen hype. I can't imagine the franchise getting another entry after legion unless next gen sales carry it.
watch dogs had, imo, a "wii" level of failing to live up to its promises. I'm honestly surprised the second one did as well as it did. 

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Go Up